brand laptop

Stiffler1470

In Runtime
I'm soon gonna buy a laptop and im not sure what brand i should get. I looked at Dell and you kind of have to pay more to get good stuff. HP is ok but its not my fav. cause i had an HP pavilion. Alienware is expensive no doubt. Im looking for a laptop that doesn't exceed about $1500-1600. Can someone help me out?

Thanks!

E

entity512

airiox knows this amazing laptop..cant remember where from though. PM him

an0nym0us1

In Runtime
i have a toshiba m35x s149, it's a pretty damn good laptop for the price. around 850+/-

specs:
1.5 celeron M 400 FSB 512 cache
256 mb pc3200 stock (added another 256)
60 gig hd
dvdrom/cd-rw
15.4" widescreen monitor
athenos super g 108mbs 802.11g connection

rakedog

Fully Optimized
IBM is the best on the market...if you have the money. 1,500 should be enough to buy a good one. Don't be discouraged by the price, thier stuff is awesome quality. If you need more stuff for your buck, and a bit less quality, Dell is pretty good (for laptops only though). Their inspiron series is nice.

jac006

Golden Master
hey what about acer? i was reading some magazine and for $1000 you can get an itel centrino 1.6ghz, 60 gb, 512 mb, 802.11g/b wi fi, brightscreen at 15", and someother good stuff. it was pretty good.

athlon64fx

Golden Master
rakedog said:
IBM is the best on the market...if you have the money. 1,500 should be enough to buy a good one. Don't be discouraged by the price, thier stuff is awesome quality. If you need more stuff for your buck, and a bit less quality, Dell is pretty good (for laptops only though). Their inspiron series is nice.

IBM hasnt made thier own laptops in 3-5 years Lenovo has! And IBM wants to sell their PC div. to lenovo but howeer Govt security comminsions dotn want to allow it. well see how that goes.