Blood Dragon

XGC Forsakend

Student & Lover of Games
So, anyone picking up Far Cry 3 -Blood Dragon?

Never played a Far Cry game before but this is something that not only peaked my interest, it did so in a double take & triple squint at the screen to see if I was imagining things.

Here is a YouTube url trailer for those who don't know what this game is/looks like:

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Official Trailer - YouTube

I think it looks awesome. A little retro, but cool either way. There are so many good downloadable games coming out.

Per Wikipedia:
"Set in a dystopian 2007, Ubisoft describes the game as "an 80s VHS vision of the future" where you must "get the girl, kill the baddies, and save the world". Earth has been ravaged by a nuclear war and new paths for peace must be found. The game will be launched officially on May 1 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade. Melbourne electronic music duo Power Glove will compose the game's soundtrack."

You don't need Far Cry 3 to run Blood Dragon; it's kind of like Alan Wake: American Nightmare and Dead Rising: Case West, both XBLA titles based off of retail games that can be downloaded and played right from your dashboard / desktop.

The only difference is that those games are a continuation of the retail game's story, whereas Blood Dragon has no ties to Far Cry 3 other than the name and the engine it runs on.

And yes, I agree, it looks totally badass.

Last edited:
You don't need Far Cry 3 to run Blood Dragon; it's kind of like Alan Wake: American Nightmare and Dead Rising: Case West, both XBLA titles based off of retail games that can be downloaded and played right from your dashboard / desktop.

The only difference is that those games are a continuation of the retail game's story, whereas Blood Dragon has no ties to Far Cry 3 other than the name and the engine it runs on.

And yes, I agree, it looks totally badass.

Cool. My only concern is, how long/big is the game. Online leaks say it is approx 2.8 GB and estimating the full release to be 3-3.5gb Don't want to purchase it for only 4 hours worth...unless those 4 hours are completely BA to a whole new level.

Oh well, guess i'll take the risk anyways. Can't go wrong with multiple colored laser FX's =p

Back
Top Bottom