Bitlocker - HDD is Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael.Chute

Baseband Member
Hi everyone,

I have a HDD that I used while I was in Afghanistan and I locked my storage drive using Bitlocker because I found out people were stealing information off of my hard drive when I was out on missions. I started off with a password and ended up disabling the password, which I still remember, only allowing access by computers that were connected and by that backup access code they give you. I have EVERYTHING on this drive and it's been in storage for about 2 years now and I'm not willing to let all that information go just yet and still looking for an answer. Does anyone know of a way at the moment how to crack into this hard drive and recover everything?

Thank You,
Michael Chute

Last edited:
Sorry to say, but I don't think anyone could crack a bitlocker encryption via bruteforce. Even the government is trying to ask Microsoft to include a backdoor for bitlocker encryption, it's THAT secure. Best you can do at the moment is to try and retrace where you last remember the password by keystrokes or location where password was last stored.

Editted:

If you do recover it, I'd recommend that you back up that data and buy a 1 gb MicroSD card and store your key cache on it as a backup if **** hit the fan and just hide it away from plain sight. (It's pretty tiny even when in plastic case, so it's perfect for that.)

Last edited:
You will have to contact Microsoft Directly for help with this. We have it specifically stated we will not help crack anything.

6) Keep Things Legal
Any discussion, links, or information on hacking, cracking, serial numbers, pirating, warez, or any other illegal matters is not allowed. This includes talks of Emulators and Torrents. The links provide the information needed.

After all this is the internet and we have no way to prove what you say other than your word. Contact Microsoft. They will tell you what can be done.

Topic Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom