Big troubles with BEFW11S4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamingo

Beta member
I can't access my router when I go to 192.168.1.1. I really don't know what to do, I've tried tons of things (port scanners to see what ip my router is on) i'm going crazy. The only thing is though, my internet works fine for my wired devices, but since I can't access the router, I can't enable the radio to let my wi-fi devices connect to it. Please help. Thanks.

Try resetting it. If that doesn't work then are you absolutely sure that's the right IP address?

Hey, thanks guys, but it still isn't working. The power light on the front keeps flashing too. I went to the Linksys website but it just tells me to upgrade the firmware, but the thing is, I don't know the ip of the router to be able to upgrade the firmware, so I can't. Also, I've tried resetting it like 10 times. I am so frustrated becasue it's right there, but I just can't get to it. I got another idea. I hooked back up my old Linksys BEFSR41 and I am still able to access that, so I just decided that I would try to hook the wireless router up through that wired router. How do I do that though? Thanks guys.

What is your default gateway displaying as? Inside windows do a START>RUN>CMD then at the command prompt type ipconfig. Check what the default gateway is and that is your routers IP addy..well internal IP rather, what does that show up as?

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : hsd1.il.com
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 67.184.68.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.248
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 67.184.64.1

wow! Ok something is really wrong there. This is the IP provided by your ISP which the router "should" have. You should have an IP address of something like 192.168.1.2. soooo...Explain to me your setup with detail. How many computers, how do they connect and which ports on the router. It seems like your connected directly to your cable/dsl modem and not going through the router at all...very odd. We will fix you up though :)

Hey Shamingo if you want some help I am bored at work..lol..hit me up on AIM as I am on there right now..user "FocusOnMyZetec" no quotes obviously.

Hey zetech, check this out. It didn't connect through my router to renew it, so I just connected directly on that 98 machine, then i hit renew to see what it got me, and it was this:

Ip Address: 24.15.58.42
Subnet Mask: 255.255.252.0
Default Gateway: 24.15.56.1

what is going on?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom