Best first person shooter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

troubl3dmind

Baseband Member
My computer is crappy. In a week or so i'm getting a nice one that should be able to play most things I throw at it, atleast on low resolutions. I was wondering, what good first person shooters are out there? I probably won't be able to run crysis, but hl2 and fear look like good options. Are there any others?

Yeah, HL2 and FEAR are a must, maybe not so much FEAR though, but still. HL2 is a priority for a pc gamer. If you're interested in online, try Counter-Strike Source and Day of Defeat. Also try Battlefield 2 for a tactical FPS.

Here's a quick list:
HL2
FEAR
Bioshock
FarCry
Doom 3
BF2/2142
Quake 4
CSS
DoD
Unreal Tournament Series
Call of Duty series (if you're really into WWII, games aren't 100% amazing though)
Team Fortress 2

One's you should look forward to:
Crysis
Far Cry 2
Battlefield: Bad Company
Unreal Tournament 2007
Call of Duty 4 (not WWII and looks AMAZING)
Alan Wake (I think it's primarily 3rd person but 1st person as well, not sure)

When is orange box due out. I still have yet to play any half life games, i figure i'll pick up the set and get it done that way. Crysis demo delayed *cries*

My friend said that Crysis was being developed to not only be cutting-edge, but also really backwards compatible. What I mean by this is the lowest settings will be really low for those of us with slow/old hardware. I don't know if it's true or not, has anyone else heard anything about this?

I've heard a lot of good stuff about Battlefield 2143 I'll probably check that one out.

I hope Crysis can play on my computer that game looks amazing! But then again I think my graphics card is only directx 9 so it wouldn't look as nice anyway.

Another question is vista or xp? I have it and I don't think it's as bad as everyone makes it out to be. But then again, I didn't have a graphics card so no drivers to install, and I hear the majority of problems are lack of drivers. Should I instal xp just to make sure?

It's 2142.

I like Vista, but yes it does have it's occasional problems - just like any os. It's basically just personal preference.

And I would recommend America's Army for a free online FPS.

CSS and HL2

CSS for online, HL2 for single player... it is by far the greatest game of all time in terms of story telling, immersion and overall quality... great graphics with low requirements and the story is so amazing... not to mention cinematic effects rarely utilized in games and the usage of physics to have fun (such as the zombie level where you can spin wheels that lower cars, dropping them onto zombies, lighting them on fire by turning on the gas and sparking it etc.)

CSS has by far the simplest online gameplay ever... but its great, fun and easy to pick up, great competitive game as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom