Before deleting an archive in outlook for a user how can I check if his outllook account has a password set

fregoton

Solid State Member
Hi, I am currently an intern for this small company and I was told to delete the archive in outlook for all the users the problem is that I have to make sure that there is no password set otherwise if I delete it and there was a password and the user can not remember his password I will mess it up, because after deleting it I need to put the archive back and the user may need to enter his password

Hi, I am currently an intern for this small company and I was told to delete the archive in outlook for all the users the problem is that I have to make sure that there is no password set otherwise if I delete it and there was a password and the user can not remember his password I will mess it up, because after deleting it I need to put the archive back and the user may need to enter his password

Well if your not sure wether or not the user has a password setup on their outlook.
You may want to ask them if they have one setup, if so ask them for it. :)
Jot down whatever they say so you'll have a list when you get to your desk to begin working.
Next you read this guide here https://kb.xavier.edu/page.php?id=35627.
If you can remove their passwords succesfully, then you may delete the archive.
Once your company restores whatever archive they want let the users setup their passwords if the company ask for it.
Otherwise that would be one good way of doing it, even if they aren't in the building.
Call them if its ok with your supervisor and get done what you needed. :)

Back
Top Bottom