Barracuda Spyware HideIP Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer_2006

Solid State Member
Hi. Whenever I try to log onto some internet sites I get a message that says the URL ______ was blocked by Barracuda Spyware Firewall. The problem is I have never used/bought/downloaded this "Barracuda Spyware" thing. I only had this problem when I downloaded a shareware "Hide Your IP Address" program. Could this have anything to do with it? Its really annoying and is preventing me from accessing tonnes of web sites. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

hmmm go to the add/remove programs under your control panel and see if there is a program installed called "Barracuda Spyware", if not the web sites you're trying to visit might require a log of your IP address, not too sure how that hide ip address prgram works so not all to sure about that.

I've already tried that. I don't think the program is on my computer at all... I think it may have something to do with the "Hide IP Address" program I downloaded. The HideIP program may have changed my IP address or something and I've somehow picked up this stupid Barracuda thing along the way. It's really annoying as it blocks the entry into heaps of sites... Thanks for your help though. Any other ideas???

Yeah, I did that. They may not even be connected although I only noticed the problem after I downloaded the HideIP thing..

Yes. I use adaware regularly and I have run that twice. It didn't pick up anything. I tried to download Spybot but the stupid Barrcuda Spyware Firewall blocked me .. According to Barrcacuda downloading Spybot is not allowed because it contains "filtered content, the content belongs to the category of: blockedmime"
This is really annoying me!!!

Yea that thing sounds dodgy, check your add/remove in control panel to check for any other programs that look dodgy.

I had a good look through my add/remove and I couldnt find anything that looked even slightly out of place. I did remove a couple of things I didnt really need or recognise but it still doesn't work. This is making me angry!!

It seems Barracuda Spyware Firewall isn't software, it a hardware firewall link. What sort of network are you on? It is possible that the site you are trying to view do in fact have spyware on. Or it could be the network admin has configured this Barracuda Spyware Firewall wrong, or something else. I don't think the problems with your computer, I think it could be it to do with the network your on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom