TalkTalk internet nightmare! -> Bridge mode + wifi signal

Bitcurrent14

Beta member
Hi Guys,
I'm looking for some proper help at the moment, and I'm basically really stuck and don't know where to turn.

Essentially I'm looking to outsource some work through my work computer (NOT through software though as this is trackable) across the web, to someone in the Far East.

Therefore I've bought the (expensive) KVM over IP hardware device (Raritan DKX4-101).

I'd obviously need to outsource the work through a shared IP address which has been port forwarded.

BUT, I've hit a bit of a barrier.

I was advised I needed pfSense (a firewall) which I've now installed on a client PC box thing. But the problem is I need to turn my router into Bridge mode (bridging), the TalkTalk router I have (all other TalkTalk routers) seem not to have this feature at all. I spent hours on the phone last night to TalkTalk and they explained this was something they couldn't offer. To make matters worse it seems like I cannot use a third party router.

So to put it more succinctly:
Aim:
I'm looking to outsource some work through my work computer (NOT through software though as this is trackable) across the web, to someone in the Far East.

Method:
I want to turn my router into a bridged router attached to my pfSense firewall pc client which will port forward to my KVM over IP which will enable a hardware connection (NOT software connection).

Problem:
TalkTalk routers do not allow bridge mode, TalkTalk also does not allow other routers on their network (apparently?) from what the assistant told me on the phone last night + port forwarding from the TalkTalk router is highly insecure (??? Have I got this right ???)

Solution:
different router? TalkTalk assistant said this wouldn't be allowed? But she had no idea what she was talking about on the phone anyways...
Different ISP? -> Can't, as I live in a shared house owned by landlord who sorts that out... so again in a bind here...

urgh... what do I do?

Back
Top Bottom