Australia's Internet Bungle

Crab is something i never liked, But then i never had any other than Maryland blue crab. I never had any others. Those crabs tasted like sand.

Hmm, I guess it depends on what kind of crab determines the taste. I have always loved crab meat. I also like scallops, shrimp, and one time I tried Sword fish....man, I can tell you Sword fish is so good.

You guys in USA probably don't know of mud crabs. Scylla Serrata (ehhm) carry good amount of meat in both the abdomen and limbs/claws. They are well know in Australia so BK might as well know of them. They also rival lobster in claw strength and could crush our fingers to the bone. They can be monsters.

Oh, I loved crustaceans in the first place because of their looks. Some people get the opposite feeling, dunno why!

By the way, here's my internet speed:

6317876404.png

I pay $53.4 USD for it and it comes with a phone line with free land line local calls only ;)

I realize that this sounds blasphemous coming from someone who lives in South Louisiana, but I actually do not like seafood of any type.

"Fish are friends— not food."

While I will occasionally eat it when served to me, I do not particularly care for meat either. The texture, particularly of pork and beef, completely repulses me. Combine this with the ethical issues related to our society's current livestock farming techniques, and my preference is to never eat it at all.

I know how you feel and I did see some examples of how animals are treated in farms. I only eat hahal slaughter meat, which by how it is performed it should not have what I saw on those videos. It's awful. Unfortunately I can't live without eating meat and fish. For some reason vegetables make me more hungry and most cooked ones make me even sick.

I don't know how the meat industry in Saudi Arabia works, but, given the utterly deplorable conditions, the method of slaughter is only a small part of the ethical concerns involved in typical American meat production.

Interestingly enough, halal slaughter is actually considered to be, on average, less humane by American standards. This is because some interpretations preclude stunning the animal prior to slaughter, and there is no way to verify whether the specific manufacturer follows this interpretation.

Yes, people have different views about this.

It feels weird to me tho that giving the pain of stunning to slaughter is justified to reduce the pain of slaughtering, which also does not go away completely even when stunned. The animal is in full senses to feel the stunning. Pain must be there. Either don't do it or go with the shortest rout, and stunning is not it, I guess. Also, stunning prevents blood from properly leaving the body which could spoil the meat faster, make it of less quality to eat or stay valid longer and/or keep disease causing agents in the animal.

Halal slaughter is not only about slaughter anyway, it goes within a wider plan. The animal should never be treated badly, mutilated, or slaughtered in front of other animals. It also teaches to give the animal water to drink and pet it to calm it down. I know that still does not cancel the pain of slaughtering, but it absolutely better for the animal. Some views also say it is forbidden to slaughter/kill animals if there is no intention to eat them. I think halal negative critics (vs other slaughtering methods) only looked at the cutting part and ignored other parts like castrating males in farms, treating the animal like toys, torturing them while they are still in their full senses (stunning included), etc., which I saw on the videos and they are absolutely forbidden in halal slaughtering and teachings around it.

I don't disagree that it is cruel, by the way. I understand how no meat eating advocates feel. I tried to live without eating animals, but it made my life miserable and me always hungry. I can't live right without it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom