At Wits End Need Help Badly

HUMMERx2

Beta member
Alright my problem is every time I bring up either IE or Firefox I get a "can not find serer" page. and at a pop up saying "Your connection is not active RAS installed" So I did some research and finally disabled RAS but I still get the same thing happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated . For the record I'm not great with computers so if anyone helps could you keep it simple, please?

Computer: Dell Latittude C510
ISP:Windstream

Does your ISP require remote access to be installed or enabled to get online? Is your network even showing as connected?
Well in the bottom right corner I have two tiny computer icons and when I move my mous over it it "signal strength great" It worked great up until my cousin took it out to California last month.

I had it hooked up in the kitchen through a wireless card aand it worked great, connected great.Then my cousin got sent to California for work and he took it with him. When he got back the whole thing started with the unfound servers and RAS installed pop up.

It sounds like your cousin may have re configured your network settings. If you have your information to setup your network through your ISP you may want to try just creating a new connection and disable and remove the current connection.

If you don't have your info on what network setting to enable etc for the new connection just call up you ISP and they should guide you through setting it up. Also go into Firefox and check your internet connection settings. See if its set under direct connect to the internet.

Back
Top Bottom