Aspartame

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you're worried about health then stop drinking anything with the word "soda" in it at all.

It amazes me how people drink a diet soda and somehow think it's better for you. I used to have a friend who swore by diet snappled and thought he was being good by not drinking sodas.

Drink water and maybe some juices that actually have real fruit juice in it and whatnot, but overall, Diet soda is a joke.

If you chose it because the flavor like you were saying, then that's fine aside from you being strange :p , but if you're drinking it cause you think it's better than regular soda then that's wrong.

It amazes me how people drink a diet soda and somehow think it's better for you.

Thats true, and im not going to lie, I was on of those people. I didn't think it was better for you, I just enjoyed the taste of coca cola like many others, and I figured diet coke would be the better alternative or should I say the healthier alternative. And on top of that I liked the taste better, so I just went with it.

Drink water and maybe some juices that actually have real fruit juice in it and whatnot, but overall, Diet soda is a joke.

Yeah, It bugs me when I see little kids drinking Juciy Juice wich is supposesdly 100% real juice, when really it's just LOADED with sugar to the point where it's just absoltuley disgusting.

I dont drink diet soda becuase I think I can get away with it, I just like the taste and figured the diet part wouldn't affect me as much as the regular type was. buuutt I was really wrong:confused:

If you chose it because the flavor like you were saying, then that's fine aside from you being strange :p

I know some people think Im nuts when I get a diet coke over a regular coke.

When I buy a coke, I always buy the "diet" ones because of my teeth. If it werent for my teeth, I couldn't care less if it contains 30 tea spoons of sugar.

Finally, a thread based on Aspertame...

I drink a lot of aspertame. 2 cans of private label diet cola every day, so about 100mg of aspertame each day. Depending on my mood, I'll drink alot more...

I guess this explains why my IQ is going down on Vent...

Another thing is that I use diet coke for the caffiene. I work 6AM-3PM every day, and I need that caffiene to wake up, even if it's unhealthy. Especially tomorrow, 3AM-1PM :rolleyes:

Other than some health nuts going ape over it, there's really not much solid proof against aspartame.

There was some crackpot on one show saying that it eats holes in your brain. I guess he got it confused with mad cow disease.

The way I look at it, you're gonna die eventually. Everything today is either fattening, toxic, or causes cancer. So, don't sweat it. Just make sure you have someone who will post the funeral arrangements so we can come visit. :D

Seriously, I used to consume large quantities of the stuff when I worked for Coke. I'm talking 2L+ per day. Other than getting my kidneys irritated by the caffeine, I had no problems.

Trotter said:
Other than some health nuts going ape over it, there's really not much solid proof against aspartame.

There was some crackpot on one show saying that it eats holes in your brain. I guess he got it confused with mad cow disease.

The way I look at it, you're gonna die eventually. Everything today is either fattening, toxic, or causes cancer. So, don't sweat it. Just make sure you have someone who will post the funeral arrangements so we can come visit. :D

Seriously, I used to consume large quantities of the stuff when I worked for Coke. I'm talking 2L+ per day. Other than getting my kidneys irritated by the caffeine, I had no problems.

Excellent to hear :D

Trotter said:

wow... if this doesn't deserve the "QUOTE of the YEAR" award, i have no idea what would....

Perfectly spoken...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom