Application Data Folder/uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

latitude120

Beta member
Windows add/remove but it doesn't uninstal programs that I want uninstalled! Maybe I'm doing soemthing wrong. The program I want deleted (Windows Movie Maker)doesn't show in the list. However if I have my computer search for the program, it can find it and I can run it from the search finds. How is that possible? If I run the search it finds the program in the Local Settings/Application Data file (where I found a bunch of stray stuff, like folders for programs I uninstalled ages ago). I am NOT a very skilled, experianced user and don't want to delete things my computer needs. However I do want to keep it in prime condition and with enough room to run programs I DO want to use (plus I'm a bit miffed that the program won't allow me to delete it!) Any advise?

Really? seems odd that I schould be 'stuck' with a program I neither want nor use and just uses up space......
Anyway, related but maybe not: can I just delete files in my Application Data folder, that pertain to programs I have already uninstalled in the past (why are they even there?)

Windows Movie Maker is now part of the Live Essentials Pack. If you see Live Essentials Listed in the Add/Remove Programs list, guess what, you have Movie Maker listed. Get the web installer for Live Essentials and run it. It will give you the option which pieces of software you want to keep and which you want to remove. Just uncheck Movie Maker and it will uninstall it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom