aol problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grac13

Beta member
hi, i'm having problems with my aol. the software won't even open, just the splash screen type thing comes up. everytime i've tried to open/connect it says - "AOL is about to install files necessary to connect to the Internet. Your computer may need to be restarted" so i restart it, but it doesn't work. i've tried many things i've seen on the internet, but nothing seems to work. i'm using 7.0, but need to use 9.0 for the broadband to work. the install works fine, but when it gets to conecting, that error message comes up.

please help!

grac13,
Do you have to use AOL?? Because one...AOL sucks so so bad. Im not sure how other people feel but,...if you can get a new internet provider. Sorry to be so foward but i hate aol.:)

yes i do. it hasn't been that bad to me, i'm fine with it, i just want it to work, and i can't even use it how i want to (with broadband)because of said problem.

If you have broadband you don't need to pay extra money for a crappy service like that. Your wasting money.

thing is, i dont have broadband because it won't even work.
i just want help on how to fix this, i don't really care that others don't like aol.

AOL will tell you that their "service" is required on top of your broadband connection for it to work. But you are just completely wasting your money and your broadband will be much slower with AOL installed. You CAN use your broadband without AOL, in fact, several companies have added the AOL software on thier "virus lists".

i'm perfectly aware that more or less no-one likes aol, but that's not what i care about. i care about getting my connection fixed so that i can even use it at all.

aol has caused me no other problems, and even if you aren't - i'm fine with aol. i wouldn't know where to find these other companies or isp's or whatever, anyway.

and whoever suggested re-installing, of course i've tried that, and it doesn't work.

If you have broadband you are already paying for a REAL ISP and just paying for AOL on top of that. This is not needed. I know they tell you AOL is required to make a broadband service work, but its not.

The only way to fix AOL is to get rid of it completely.

BandwidthHogg said:
If you have broadband you are already paying for a REAL ISP and just paying for AOL on top of that. This is not needed. I know they tell you AOL is required to make a broadband service work, but its not.

The only way to fix AOL is to get rid of it completely.

that's all very well and everything, but by saying this, you aren't helping me. instead of saying aol is rubbish, why don't you suggest things to actually help me. you're making a valid point and everything, i commend you for that, really. but some help would be nice, here. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom