Anyone make money doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha yup. I'm there with you. Man i'm glad i'm not the only one frustrated by this. I can't complain though, my small business won't be successful without people like that. And the people whom messup things more or claim they are computer genius's just make me more money. So i'm not frustrated at the users and owners, just at the people that claim they know everything just to find out they dont' know squat other than how to create CD key's for XP and rip DVD's. Congrats buddy...

In your instance I would stop arguing and just say okay, if you delete it you are going to have to pay me my fee to come out there and fix your system. Do you want that space that bad? Do you want to spend that much money on deleting a file that is taking less than a 10th of a percent of your hard drive?

Well if you knew moyra you would know, she was on the phone every other day asking for this this an this when she either had it, didn't need it (why you want a tape drive on your pc at home because the server in work has one is beyond me), was retarded as **** she once asked me to install windows 98 on her vista PC as she liked it better than XP an she has heard very bad things about vista. I once caught this woman talking to a computer with a iffy ram stick like it was a naught child after I told her a computer is like a young child it can do maths but it's only as smart as the teacher (no idea why i had to use that one) she was standing over it pointing a finger at it saying something about how it should print or it wouldnt get such an such of a reward, she is 67 years old an rember when adding machines where the new thing in offices... Just thinking about her makes me feel VERY angry she was my main cause of stress for a long while.

I am working on a moddel at the moment that I will only realy be dealing with people who know the score sysadmins, data center techs, etc an RHCE's etc so i will be in less of a WTF? situation I just hope i don't get the BOFH on the line one day.

Luckily I haven't had that much "DOH!" moments with my users as either of you (of course, I havent' been around as long as you old folks have either :p), except with the more-often-than-needed manager.

Before I had come to work for him, he was basically THE guy. He did (and still does) all the service calls for installs (we're a general electronics store that also does satellite installs/TV installs/etc etc, so he does all that still). He also worked on the PC's that came in when he had time, inbetween all of the other electronic repairs we have to do down there. Then they hired me, and I took up the job of working on all the PC's, answering 90% of the PC questions/problems (both from co-workers/customers), and stuff of that sort. That's fine with me, because I love working with PC's, and helping with computer questions, etc because I don't get to do it as often as I'd like to. Now, that said, I absolutely can't stand when somebody criticizes me when I know I'm doing something the proper way. My manager has done this more than than needed, and I don't really appreciate it, all that much. Most of the time he's a pretty cool guy whom I can get along with...but when he gets in one of his moods...and starts being snippy with me, I get snippy right back (and oddly enough I think he starts respecting me a bit more when I do that heh).

[/boring rant/story]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom