Anybody here know how to fix a guitar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yerfdog

In Runtime
My older brother won a guitar a while back, and he let me play it sometimes. One day my younger brother started messing with it, and now when I hold one of the lower frets on the thickest string, the string touches one of the pickups, so if you hit the string when it's touching the pickup, it's going to make a bad sound.

I looked at it from the side, and the string is now lower than the other strings without pressing down on it. Any idea on how to fix this problem?

Well, he won it at a carnival/fair a while back. Mahar, I think. Looks a lot like a Fender Stratocaster with a sunburst finish, only instead of orange, red. Now that I think about it, I think it's the tremolo thing. The part for the thickest string appears to be a bit lower than the rest...

Sorry for the poor quality.View attachment 4629View attachment 4628

Attachments

• 0116110949.jpg
    0116110949.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 0116110946.jpg
    0116110946.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 44
If I need to raise the part, and the screw spirals upward counter-clockwise, would I turn the screw clockwise or counter-clockwise?

Well I also said truss rod because the neck could have warped from some form of abuse. My fathers guitars made it out of the fire ok but the necks are warped bad causing the same symptoms this guy is having. Fixing a Les Paul neck is expensive though.

Well, I can physically see that the thing holding the string at the bridge is lower than the rest of them for the string, and it hasn't really been in close proximity of any smoke, fire, or other kind of extreme heat. :p

And also, I've been looking at the bridge... It seems like some of the pieces came with the things holding the strings at the bridge slightly off balance. :annoyed: Well, I guess that's what happens when you win a Mahar guitar at a carnival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom