Any Skiers Here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Im going skiing again in january this year, i went last year but only weighed 8 and half stone so i didnt need any exercises as it didnt strain my legs to much because of my weight, now im heavier i think it will hurt and strain my legs more so was wondering if anyone new of any good and effective workouts that will get my legs stronger for skiing.

Cheers.

My family owns a place near Taos, New Mexico, and we go skiing and boarding there about 2 times a year....its a blast. Yes, it does murder your legs after a while.
heres a really old pic from about 3 years ago...im on the far left.

lol. I don't. But I want to start snowboarding. I used to do it for fun, but I'm not a natural athlete. I suck soo bad, but I want to get good, because they'res a resort here (DUH, PA) called 7 springs and I go with my friend sometimes, and there are some HOT *** girls there

My family owns a place near Taos, New Mexico, and we go skiing and boarding there about 2 times a year....its a blast. Yes, it does murder your legs after a while.
heres a really old pic from about 3 years ago...im on the far left.

That looks nice mate, i go to Courchevel resort, in the 3 valleys. Its the largest resort in the world... 6 times larger than all americas largest resorts together :). It is so nice ! and its been a great start to this season.

Its a bit expensive at courchevel 1850 though (theres courchevel 1850, 1650 1550) each at the heights of there names, i.e 1850meters. Its 34 Euros for a beer in a resteraunt at 1850 :eek:

Take a look at how nice it is on this webcam:

Webcam livecam HD Courchevel 360°

This first big circle thing you see is a helipad incase your wondering :p

Skiing is so last decade. Snowboard is where its at. I usually get up to the mountains about 10-15 times a year depending on if i can find someone to carpool with. Sucks that it costs me 20 bucks round trip in gas, so i dont get to go as often as i like.

Nah ive done both, i just cant get into skiiing. Probably comes from me growing up as a skateboarder/wakeboarder.

I just dont like the idea of not being able to move each leg freely. I prefer the higher speeds you can egt to on ski's aswell

Ah see, im not a speedfreak. Also crashing a snowboard i'm less likely to snap a knee or leg.

Thats true, im not a speedfreak, but i am when theres an avalanche behind me, though thats unlikely as i cant even do many red slopes let alone off piste :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom