Annoyed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come here... It has been so cold here lately, that I have actualy, for once, given up on working on my car... In a HEATED garage... It is just so cold, the heater can't keep up :-\

it is currently 19F (-7.22C) here. It is supposed to get down to 15F (-9.44C) tonight. It never got above freezing today, but is supposed to get to 36-38F tomorrow (2.22-3.33C). There are calling for 1-2" of snow Thursday, maybe more.

You have to remember I am in SE Tennessee, just above the Georgia line (NE of Chattanooga). In other words, I am in the South.

Trotter.. it's colder than that here :p. Well not exactley where i live, but nearbye.

Getting down to -19c in the nights up in Scotland and in Wales (-8 for me) and it didn't get above -2c today while i was at school.

That said, the UK is in it's coldest prolonged weather system for 30 years at the moment, it's not normally like this. Normally in january it's 4c to 6c and occasionally drops below freezing at night.

I love it this cold though.

Uhmm yeh the webcams near the top look SWEET Whistler Blackcomb - Web Cams

But then i look at the bottom webcam and it looks like a big puddle :p It's hard to tell what the snow conditions are like, but atleast it's not dissapeared on the slopes - I imagine the snow will be slushy though. It's just a shame i'm inevitibley going to have to ski down to the bottom at some point during the day, which won't be to pleasent in the rain. But hey, i can't do anything about it, so chin up i guess :)

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cabc0322

Also looking at the long term forcast makes the weather not seem quite so bad at the bottom. Thursday it says 15 to 20mm, but also 10-15cm of snow. Friday, 25 to 35mm, but also 20 to 30cm of snow. Saturday is another 3mm of rain but 5cm of snow. And sunday says 10cm+ snow :D (We arrive at 6:30pm on saturday so sunday will be the first day skiing.

I think the snow won't get a chance to settle on thurs/fri unfortunately due to the rain, but we'll see.

Oddly snow-forecast.com and theweathernetwork.org predict totally differently for Whistler. One says 30mm of rain and 30cm of snow, and snowforcast says 6mm of rain..

Thats, as far as i can tell, is snow-forcast is a different weatherstation, half way up the hill. TWN is the village/town of Whistler.

So yhas, the bottom will be drizzly, but the hill will be fantastic... You've got yourself some nice hill weather.

Ah dude, checking the Whistler 14 day, you've got it good... it's slowly cooling off, from 2 down to -4 in the week after you get there... all sunny too... Dirty Wanker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom