Anime Rage Quit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never got into it but I can see what Harper is on about - I hate the Wapanies kids who are just into it because it's cool. When a genera get's over populated it gets lots of ME TO ME TO! rip off by people who don't realy get it at all an ruins it for the real fans.

I am not so fond of anime, i have barely watched two anime series which were good actually, but most of them are so badly made. I know many people who watch anime, some of them are friends and sometimes it gets really annoying discussing about them even if it is just about a video game (e.g Devil May Cry)...

serious question here :

what's the difference between anime and a cartoon..? seriously...?

Well a cartoon is mostly for young children, while an anime has a more serious and complicated plot and is to be watched by anyone (sometimes only by adults), in fact many anime could become great movies. It is just like video games, some are for kids, some are for everyone and some are for adults...

looks is eye candy. I prefer the violence and story, like DB, DBZ, n DBGT. I need to get the Dead Zone/World's Strongest on Blu-ray soon.

Anime is awesome and all but there's just too much of it. People who made series that are stupid like Bobobobobobobobobobobobo or w/e it's called need to be shot.
Oh yeah.

The problem is that ever since EVA, there have been a lot of crap that has been produced afterwards.

I never got into it but I can see what Harper is on about - I hate the Wapanies kids who are just into it because it's cool. When a genera get's over populated it gets lots of ME TO ME TO! rip off by people who don't realy get it at all an ruins it for the real fans.

I think it's more because of the other fans that are reason that I am not longer into anime.
If I hear one more fanboy/girl go on about "What [insert anime name here] because [insert anime character here] is so good looking", I am going to go postal.
I got one of my friends how used in labeto to choose what anime he likes. He goes on and on about how out one of the Bleach characters are so good looking, and yet he has not seen a single episode of Bleach.

serious question here :

what's the difference between anime and a cartoon..? seriously...?

can-o-worms.gif

I am just going to leave it with the fine line of
Anime - From Japan.
Cartoon - From USA.

Well a cartoon is mostly for young children, while an anime has a more serious and complicated plot and is to be watched by anyone (sometimes only by adults), in fact many anime could become great movies. It is just like video games, some are for kids, some are for everyone and some are for adults...
So what does that make some of the stuff that shows up on adult swim like Frisky Dingo, Venture Bros., Harvey Birdman etc etc etc.
Not to mension some of the older classics like Wizards and Fritz The Cat.

Ever since anime started an explosion of animation genre geared for some adults. Mind you I find that most of this is just crap in my honest opinion, but still it out there.

I am just going to leave it with the fine line of
Anime - From Japan.
Cartoon - From USA.

So what does that make some of the stuff that shows up on adult swim like Frisky Dingo, Venture Bros., Harvey Birdman etc etc etc.
Not to mension some of the older classics like Wizards and Fritz The Cat.

Ever since anime started an explosion of animation genre geared for some adults. Mind you I find that most of this is just crap in my honest opinion, but still it out there.

No i don't mind, i actually agree but some are good...

No i don't mind, i actually agree but some are good...
enjoy frisky dingo. I want to pick that one up on DVD.
Harvey Birdman is alway good for a laugh.

I tried getting into Venture Bros., but desided that I got better things that i could be doing with my spare time.

As for shows like Family Guy, Aqua Teen Hunger Force etc etc, I don't have the time for.

Harvey Birdman is awesome. Venture Brothers was cool but it got tired after season 2, it's like they have entirely new writers.

ATHF is still funny to me but it seems to be dragging on, like a very long joke with a pun that's not worth the wait. Family Guy sucks and it's been going downhill since season 3.

I never really got the appeal of anime in the first place.
I've seen some (not much), but to me it's all just basically: one or a few guys are heroes, often there's a girl somewhere, there are villains, the villains fight the heroes, the villains are doing well and it seems like they're well ahead, then the hero finds some weakness and wins. Rinse, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom