An Idea for boosting signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a solar plant somewhere in aussie I think, uses salt, and several square miles of mirrors to focus the sunlight/heat at a central point on a incredibly tall tower... It basically melts the salt and causes water to steam up, the great part about it, at night, it still maintains enough heat, to cause the water to stay as steam to power turbines, over night... So in effect, it is INCREDIBLY efficient, but, the cost, is enormous, but the power is clean.

Old 1920's era ship radios didn't use any power to receive a transmission, but the radios where basic and worked with a christal and a piezoelectric earphone and where notorious for there unreliability and in a electric storm the operators where a local magnet for lightning strikes, modern radio's can in theory work the same way but I doubt they would get any usability from it.

As for powering other devices from EMR (Electro magnetic radiation) mythbusters tried it in season one and worked out that to power a single lightbulb they would need something stupid like 20 miles of wire within a 20ft distance of a power line and even then it would be unreliable.

As for cranking a drill backwards, yes it can be done but you would have more success with a car alternator, but for low voltage designs it is possible. Look into the design of ww1/2 sound powered phones but the distance is limmited and again they where unreliable.

It's the myth of free energy and free wifi... again!
Free-energy devices don't work because they give out an incredibly small yield.
You could always "boost" your signal by getting or building an antennae. I built one with paper and aluminum foil. It works quite well, considering it's only paper and foil. You could get a boost of a few meters.
There is that thing where radio waves can travel with the momentum of the other waves. But you need that other wave to be strong enough.
There's also that phenomenon where radio waves can go thousands of miles by traveling through ions in the sky.

Actually, you can bounce radio waves off the ionosphere. It allows you to broadcast over the horizon and/or mountains.

Things are never truely impossible, only improbable.

Advances in science don't come from people saying "it can't be done" it comes from people saying "why not?" and working through it.

Look at Cell phones. In 1960 no one even thought it could happen, when the first ones arrived "publically" (that is, marketed and not for military use) they were expensive due to the change and only affordable by the "rich".

in 1973 the first cell phone call was made. In just over 30 years we have taken that HUGE bulky phone, condensed it, shrunk it, improved it, re-powered it, and made them safer to where most people Lose them in their purse/pants. Do you think in 1973, when the idea was considered "unreasonable, unreliable" and "unaffordable" they just stopped thinking about it? nope. they worked it out and with advances in other technological fields were able to mass produce the semi-affordable, completely overpowered devices so many stupid people rely on today.

point being - if they gave up, we wouldn't have them. People gave up on the sterling engine, and only recently have re-worked out some of the flaws it had - mostly the amount of heat required to use it, and function within the real world. The first sterling was only thought to use with Oxygen, and not other gases that may yeild better results and longer function.

This is the beginning again - and this time, we might make something of it.

Boosting a signal came to me by luck - i got 2 free sat dishes out of a deal recently, and going to rig them up eventually for wifi. Using signals for power is another story - I knew about the 20ft square of copper wire needed to power a lightbulb - the thing is - that same 20ft could power/recharge batteries All the time, aka - it could be done, and wire here is easily found in a variety of places (at least around here) sure it's a lot of work for minimal gain - but once it's done it can take all the time it needs to recharge the batts - Iam pretty sure it can recharge 2 AA faster then my wireless devices can eat them (several days) - and lining my wall (or even meshing my house with wire, to use as a giant gain) wouldn't be too hard, just work.

it's still a WIP - work in progress.

Sure there is no true "free" power or anything right now - but easily Cheaper or Using alternative energy sources (much better for our poor planet.)

And this goes to all USA citizens here:
Our government is not switching to "greener" solutions because of greed. It is up to US to make our own ways, there are plenty of legal ways to reuse waste (like Vegetable oils from McDonalds/Chinese Places) to filter and proccess into a usable Diesal-Replacement fuel (for much cheaper then diesal I might add) , other things exist that people have leaked to the public for other uses... but no company is going to do that.

Think for a second here:
McDonalds "waste " vegi oil + 5 gallon buckets + wire mesh filters and distilleries (home made easily enough) + mixer (hand or electric) + effort = Fuel for Diesal
Fuel for diesal + Diesal powered Generator = Electricity.

You just took Waste - which is thrown away and possibly not recycled in any way - and turned it into electricity to use for whatever.

Sure it costs for parts for the distillery and mixer and buckets and all - but I bet you easily make up the difference in less then a month.

We gotta rethink how we use our sources of energy, because it's seriously becoming "too late".

***EDIT***

I stumbled onto something to support my claims.

I will link it shortly but first I will explain. I have been trying to defeat the cost of living for a while now, from eating healthier by growing my own foods or looking for alternative ways to power things and the like. I stumbled upon something anyone (almost) can do for their car to take it out of the Gas loop. You read that right... No gasoline. ever. The concept behind it is simple.... the process a bit more complex. Estimated cost to do this is around $2000 to your car... but it uses a small amount of electricity to excite water - to cause the hydrogen found within to release, then uses the hydrogen as a power source of combustion to power your engine.

Sounds like science fiction, doesn't it? Power your car on water... and someone is going to ask "if this exists why don't we have it on the market?" simple... greed. Stop using Fossil Fuels and the rich stop getting rich, oversea countries no longer need to export their oils to us, etc. The mobs (yes, mobs, gangs, etc) don't like that idea, they want the easy money, so they have in the past threatened and even killed scientists working on projects like this.

But this isn't the true breakthrough I came to discuss, believe it or not! Upon the same site is a listing of other power sources, one is claiming to break the laws of physics as we know them.

That law is the one mentioned above - how we can't get something for nothing, that if we put power in - we will never get more power out.

I will let the youtube video explain it.... it's pretty easy to understand. The guy spent 4 years developing a steam water heater, using a small motor to power it. The motor could be powered by it's own source, meaning once it's started - and steam is made - then used to power electrical units (via turbine/etc) it could keep the motor running - AND produce more power then the motor uses.

This is a prime example of the people I speak about, people that stop saying "it can't be done" and start thinking "why" and then - take it further and try to prove it wrong. I love these people, all over the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh_-...m/watch?v=yh_-DUKQ4Uw&feature=player_embedded

Before we get too deep, I wanna point out the device on the right side of the movie (you'll know the spot) that has cuased a lot of "this isn't possible, that's obviously a -----" I don't know what that is, but I do know anyone valuing their lives wouldn't post direct results without being farther then what they show. Especially when your going up against the Oil Tycoons for a source of power. Some comments have it dead on - that they buy out all patents related to furthering power supplies so that they can stay on top, some comments are just children posting gibberish, the fact is - similar experiments have been made in the past - up to 20 years ago that I know of - and gone silent suddenly with no explaination, if the experiment "failed" don't you think they would have said so, and why? Suddenly going silent leads me to believe their voice was Shut Off,either by paying them off, or simply by killing them/threatening them to stop.

Greed my friends... greed is what keeps us on fossil fuels, and in the dark about everything. Kill the greed, better everyone, and the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom