A few questions

just to let you know, i am planning to overclock as soon as newegg.ca gets the V8 back in stock or once i decide on a different cooling solution. I dont really know about the liquid cooling anymore, i was thinking about it and im afraid to try it in case it leaks and my computer dies on me.

Exactly, Wolvarine. Which is why I say liquid is expensive. It should be all or nothing. Go expensive and get what you expect, or go cheap and get something you could easily settle on with air. The main difference is stability. Liquid can keep the temperatures lower under load. Air still gets up there. I occasionally notice the same min temp (based on temp in room) from when I was on air with my Q95 underclocked at 2.4 but never see the same max from when it was under load.

There is a risk when you run distilled water loops, or use most of the stuff mainstream brands provide. I have found FeserONE to be non-conductive. Now, ever liquid will pick a small bit of conductivity after it has been in the system as it will be picking up some of the metal off the inside of the block. And if you buy a good controller board, you're system will turn off if the pump stops running, it gets too hot, or the pump is running dry. So practically no risk there. Just a mess to clean up when it leaks.

My statement stands. If you have SPARE money, do it. But try aftermarket air cooling first - It can't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom