A different Approach to playing a console on a Computer Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark5600

Beta member
Hi.

For christmas I received a Veiwsonic 20'' Widescreen Computer Monitor. It has 2 inputs, a VGA input, and a DVI input. I am currently using a VGA input because that is all that my computer supports.

i have read other threads on Xbox on Pc Monitor ect, and they basically go over buying either a TV tuner with av inputs or getting the official Xbox VGA adaptor.

I was hoping to go a slightly different approach, but I need feedback on how it will work or if it even will work.

Is there a way, with the extra DVI cable and input I have on my monitor, I could get a adaptor type mechanism to go from DVI to some RCA/AV inputs? I breifly searched the internet and the closest I could find was this:
pothxxxxad05_es.jpg

There are other things like that out there of the sort, but I didn't know if this would accept basic Yellow White Red cables.

The reason I don't want to buy the VGA to Xbox adaptor is because that limits you to just for that system, and if I could get someone that would allow me to hook up any kind of system with those basic RCA cables, it would be more usefull (I plan on buying a Wii as well soon).

Then I also have heard that the VGA/DVI cables can't support an Audio, which makes sense. My monitor has speakers on it which I don't use. Would it be possible for me to get a RCA audio to 3.5mm to convert the sound from the games?

77_2.JPG

Any help/feedback would be awesome. Thanks.

I am not sure, but try to not buy anything that converts the signal through a card, as it lags. I cannot play my Xbox through my All in wonder, because it takes time for the video to appear on the monitor after I hit a buttton.

I would suggest the conveter up top, that looks handy, but I do not know about the audio.

get the top adapter it wont support rca cables though because its a dvi to component YPbPr, so u may also have to buy a component cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom