7800 GT- how good is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex81388 said:
You guys are having computer issues.

I havnt gotten BF2 up and running on my 7800 yet, but with the 6800GT it played everything fine and I never ran out of ram.

What kind of beefy crap do you have in the background? A gig of ram is enough to play that game for hours... until you reach some of its bad code :-\

what was wrong with the 6800GT? that thing can run BF2 on high too... ;)

most games out today will do just fine with the 6800GT, but if you wanna get ahead of the game, sure, get a 7800GT

DJ-CHRIS said:
With 1.5 gig your single channel though,so their's a peformance loss.

2*1GB 2*256 ? isnt that dual channel?

anyways i have a 7800GT i play BF2 with max out settings and 4x AA

I run BF2 fine in 1GB of RAM. I've heard tons of people say it takes 2GB though. Graphically you need at least a 6800GT. The 7800GT screams in it.

the reason it take so much is becaue there is probably some problems with the engine. for those graphics, although they're good, there's no reason for it to take more than 1GB, if that. I mean, look at HL2, amazing graphics and you don't need crap to run it... good engine

im not saying the game runs badly with 1 gig. im saying that you have to wait a little longer for it to start to get smooth. after about 5 minutes of playing i get over 60 fps constant.

Alex81388 said:
You guys are having computer issues.

I havnt gotten BF2 up and running on my 7800 yet, but with the 6800GT it played everything fine and I never ran out of ram.

What kind of beefy crap do you have in the background? A gig of ram is enough to play that game for hours... until you reach some of its bad code :-\

Dice representative has said it needs at least 2 gigs of ram to run bf2 with everything on max including AA. Maybe you're running lower resolution than others?

will h4x 4 food said:
i have 24 processes running with about 140 megs of space used when i click to run the game. so i dont think i have a problem there. plus, do u have everything set to MAX? this means 4x antialaising and maximum antistropic and maximum everything else.

I have under 30 processes as well. I do not use Anti Alaising, but everything else is set to high. I run at 1600x1200.

pc_boy said:
what was wrong with the 6800GT? that thing can run BF2 on high too... ;)

most games out today will do just fine with the 6800GT, but if you wanna get ahead of the game, sure, get a 7800GT

I loved the GT. But I fried my old motherboard. I took this as an oppurtunity to make the jump to PCI-Express. Trust me, that card is awesome. I wish it was PCI-E.

I always struggle to run BF2 with 1gb of RAM..... so I upgraded to 2.

Anyways, I plan on getting a 7800 GT as they truely do seem like great cards for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom