300 the movie, plot distortions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought the spartans were one of the first greek societys to have equa;ity with women, and the one thing i do kno is that leonites never fought in batle but was there oversee the batle.

Nope, that was with the Ancient Crete (Minoic CIvilization), and that was because there were many ancient godnesses at that age. Spartan community was preety conservative if you ask me, as in the movie says, babys that weren't healthy enough were killed in the mount TAYGETOS. Boys after 7 year old belonged to Spartan Army, and were forced to go to a kind of ancient military school till they become 18 years old
, they were also taught maths, greek and music. Furthermore they owed to serve SPartan Army in Battles, till their death:D . Girls were also forced to exercise to make and upbring healthy children.

To Makaveli :

This movie was NOT based off of history. It was based off the graphic novel by Frank Miller. So you are right it is not historically accurate. If you really wanted to gripe you would ahev said that really it wasnt 300 Spartans. It was over 1,000 that went. So dont blast a movie that isnt based off history. You are made to look like a fool then. Cause no where in the movie say it was based off a true story or anything like that. So why blast a movie that knows it isnt historically accurate?

Well, historically it is uknown the exact number of the soldier however there is a dedication sculpture to 1000 men (300 Spartans and 700 Thespians), but it mostly is based on gossip as it ain't as old as the battle. However, according to history they were 8000 total soldiers of which the 7000 were allied from another Greek place, probably Attic (Athens) and retreated almost in the start of the battle, so it was not worth mentioning.

I mentioned how the movie should be if they wanted to make it historically precise.

Actually there was 1,000. That article in Wikipedia is wrong. Shocker that the common person who edits this doesnt know it. I will have to find the reference material to prove this but i know for a fact that the History Channel did a couple hour special on this. It was 1,000 Spartans and like 2-3,000 Thespians that went to this battle.
To Makaveli :

Well, historically it is uknown the exact number of the soldier however there is a dedication sculpture to 1000 men (300 Spartans and 700 Thespians), but it mostly is based on gossip as it ain't as old as the battle. However, according to history they were 8000 total soldiers of which the 7000 were allied from another Greek place, probably Attic (Athens) and retreated almost in the start of the battle, so it was not worth mentioning.

I mentioned how the movie should be if they wanted to make it historically precise.

But here is where you are wrong again. If they wanted to make it historically accurate they would not have based the movie off of the novel. So why should it be anything that what it is? Why change the movie to match history when that defeats the purpose of the movie being based off the novel. Do you gripe when the X-Men movie came out and it wasnt accurate to the Comic Book? What about all the rest of the Comic to movie transitions? What about the Game to movies? Like Doom and Dead or Alive? Are you gonna blast them for not being accurate? Movies, unless stated that they are based from a true story, are never accurate. You can always find fault. Even with Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings everything. Not one movie that is based off another form of media is accurate. So why single out just this film? Give it a rest. We knew it wasnt accurate. We dont want it to be accurate. It was a fantastic movie just the way it was. So unless you want to blast every movie out there that has a flaw cause it isnt accurate with other media, then i would just "Yup that was good for what it was meant to be."

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ZvlReZYbXQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ZvlReZYbXQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I repeat it, I didn't want to force them to make it historically accurate, but to say how should it be to be historically accurate. Listen I don't have to repeat it again, if you don't like the topic conversed then don't bother posting on it, that's what i do (no offense). And something more, do not trust so much wikipedia, it has some errors, because it isn't an observed encyclopedia, it's kinda amateur.

nickm926, semiOfftopic, but funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom