2600$ phone bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridlyn said:
EDIT: If i was one of her parents i wouldnt even think about giving her ANY financial help, she got herself into this, and now she has to come up with money to pay it back. Not only that i would cut off all of her phone services. If she wants to keep them she pays for them.

Dude, you're missing something here though.

Legal age for opening an individual cell phone account is 18. And he said, "It's a family plan." So, the account is owned by one of her parents, whom are actually responsible for the fees and charges on the account. So in the end, her parents are going to have to come up with the $2600 or the whole family plan will be cut-off and they will be using carrier pigeons until the cows come home.

I honestly don't fell bad at all for the parents. That's just plan ole bad parenting. I really don't blame the 15yr either, because her parents enabled her to screw them six ways from sunday.

The parents might be able to dispute the cellphone bill down to a lesser balance if they use the "We had no idea our daughter was even using this spare cell phone." She was using it without our premisson." That might worth for a smaller settlement, but it's unlikely they will bite.

Anywho.... carrier pigeons are pretty cheap these days and they always return to sender!!!

HAVOC2k5 said:
lol - are you kidding me?

Bottomline is this: Sorry for being so frank.

You're girlfriend out of pure stupidity used her cell phone service far beyond it's plan. I really can't believe that the bill was $2600 dollars.
If you do the math, Verisons worst plan offers 400 anytime minutes with free nights and weekends after 9:00pm. Additional minutes are .45C

So $2600 / .45 = 5777.77 total minutes. or some where in the range of 4.2 straight days or an average of 3hrs a day over 30 days.

Now... First of all I blame her parents for allowing her to have a cellphone at 15 and not regulating the amount of time she uses it or having an account maximum usage put on it. I guess if these calls were international from the cellphone the per/minute would be much more expensive. But, still red flags should go up, alarms should be sounding in someones head saying, "Hey, this is going to cost a buttload of money and I don't have a job." How am I going to pay for it? "Typical Teenager would say, "Who cares."

It boils down to a serious lack or responsibility on her part.

They do make such things as "CALLING CARDS" were you get a couple hundred minutes for $5.00. Or there is also a PC software called, "Skype" that allows you to talk for free PC to PC or PC to landline for like a fraction of a cent a minute. Even international calls are like .023C per minute.

So... Basically... either she figures out a way to pay the bill or the phone gets shut off and they take the account holder, "which isn't her at 15" and turn them over to collections and tarnish their credit and call them 30 times a month looking for money...

$2600 cell phone bill... That's just... plain dumb.
What a bad move... $2600.

Wow....
What a picture perfect commercial for all of the broadband phone companies......a 15 year-old girl that's in a relationship and "doesn't know any better". I can see it now......

"Just 15 minutes with one of our sales representatives can save you and your family $2150.00 on your next phone bill!"

LOL

Sign me up!!!

I have a suggestion. Bring back the ol' pen and paper!
Seriously, can't beat 0.39 per conversation. Plus, check out the added bonues by writing letters:

It's Personal

You have to wait in suspense for a return conversation

You don't have to worry about either one of you falling asleep on the phone with each other

You can start a stamp collection

You can save the letters in the shoebox you break out and show to your kids 30 years later

The list is ENDLESS!

mikesgroovin said:
What a picture perfect commercial for all of the broadband phone companies......a 15 year-old girl that's in a relationship and "doesn't know any better". I can see it now......

Then girl gets broadband VOIP Phone, dumps the boyfriend and gets a new boyfriend in Puerto Rico that she know talks to for free, so often that she's learn to speak fluent espanol. Now "Jose Rivera" in good ole PR can save a bunch of money on his car insurnace by switching to GEICO.

No sympathy from me, and yes you have to be pretty retarded to use a cell phone for long distance calls as they're gonna jack the price up much more than a landline plus the fact that say she's away from home suggests she probably got nailed with roaming charges as well

This is why cellphones are such a crap idea...I agree it is nice being able to contact someone when they are away from home, but as this demonstrates people have coined them into personal hotlines of some sort

Not all cell phone plans are bad though gaara.

I've got a nextel and my plan is $64.95 a month for 1000 anytime minutes and free nights and weekends starting at Fri 9pm thur Sunday 6am. It's a National calling plan so I can talk anywhere in the USA on the phone and with the walky talky and only get charged $64.95 if i'm under 1000 minutes... Which I always am well under. "No roller over.. which sucks..." I also get free SMS messaging & voicemail.

As for my home phone, it's Cablevision IO Voice. The phone connects VIA my cable modem and I get free long distance to anywhere in USA, Canada & Puerto Rico for $29.99 Per month.

Yeah so that's like $95+ per month on Voice Communications... pfff. That sucks... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom