$1200 Budget to buy a Computer

eesotereh

In Runtime
Can anybody make suggestions to what computer to buy with this budget. I want to use it primarily as a DAW (digital audio workstation).

eesotereh

In Runtime
No definitely buy. The problem is I am pressed for time, so I have to just accept that I have to go to a retail store like best buy or some non-sense and buy a retail store PC. Not to mention my budget won;t allow a special made pc from an online company. So any suggestions? Advice on what to look for with this budget at a best buy store?
thanks

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀

Fully Optimized
somsto75 said:
No definitely buy. The problem is I am pressed for time, so I have to just accept that I have to go to a retail store like best buy or some non-sense and buy a retail store PC. Not to mention my budget won;t allow a special made pc from an online company. So any suggestions? Advice on what to look for with this budget at a best buy store?
thanks

Check out www.avadirect.com for a custom built machine or www.cyberpowerinc.com Ava has alot more options for different components and they will build it and ship it out to you. You can build a nice system and have it shipped to you for $1200 bucks just decide what parts you want and order it. How pressed for time are you you could have it probally by friday if you order today.

eesotereh

In Runtime
I will check into that site for reference, thanks. But I do need to get something between now and tomorrow :( .. so, I want to get the best I could get with the money I have from a store like best buy, etc...

eesotereh

In Runtime
Hey Kjman, I saw the amd athlon x2 5000+ with 2gigs ddr2 ram today at circuit city. price was $879. Isnt that a good deal??

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Yes, that is a very nice deal You should definitely look into it. It's actually an Athlon X2 4600. It's a great deal as I just looked at the specs. The only thing I don't like about it is the integrated video, but for the price and the features it has, it's a steal.