10 Reasons some people hate Star Trek

Status
Not open for further replies.
These shows need to learn a major lesson in that everyone cannot catch every show, even in this age of DVRs. The main things should be to have one or two "Biggie" shows, like two hour specials, during the season, in which a major event or events happen that continue on throughout the show. That way they can have episodes that are not continuous, but the plot advances as well.

These shows need to learn a major lesson in that everyone cannot catch every show, even in this age of DVRs. The main things should be to have one or two "Biggie" shows, like two hour specials, during the season, in which a major event or events happen that continue on throughout the show. That way they can have episodes that are not continuous, but the plot advances as well.
Agreed. That is one the problem with BattleStar Galactica and why they are going to wrap things up in season 4. The show is so tied up in it's plot that any new view of the show is immediately turned off as they really have no idea what is going on. And the problem is that the currently plot is that they are loosing more viewers that actually gaining new viewers. Like season 3 was a bit off for me, so currently I am just going to wait until my DVD Box set shows up and watch it then.

#11 star trek is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very boring.

#11 star trek is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very boring.

sure. thank you for your incredibly useful input.

The thing that I really don't like about Star Trek is that there is very little progressing metaplot. And with the exception of the Borg Threat and the Dominion, very little has changed in the star trek universe.
Especially when you compair that with shows like Badylon 5 or Galactica.
Mind you it when it comes do B5 of BSG, both shows are some thing where if you need to watch every episode. If you miss one, you've lost the plot. And it's extremely hard to impossible to catch the show mid season and understand what is going on. BSG is from the very beginning. B5 is about from mid Season 3 onwards.

Like DS9 tried doing it. But it really annoyied we that in one episodes, every one is fighting and all that. And then in the very next episodes, it seemed that nothing really happened.

well the thing with star trek is it doesn't seem the true fans care all that much about the plot of the series. its the characters and the technology that gets me and most other serious trekkers

well the thing with star trek is it doesn't seem the true fans care all that much about the plot of the series. its the characters and the technology that gets me and most other serious trekkers

Yes. True. Very True. I have spoken to many Trekkies and Trekkers, and they are more interested in the technology or the alien races as appose to what going on in the show.
I guess that explains why they show has a rather slow and very little metaplot.

As I remember
Trekkers - Fans that really like the show.
Trekkies - Die hard fans that really like the show down to the point where they will go to Klingon Language School, or have a Betazoid wedding.

Can I make my statement?

Startrek is the personalisation of the ancientry itself. I guess I answered the burning question of why people hate Startrek. Cause it is old crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom