Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I'm so tired of renting. Landlords didn't give us any notice at all and still insisted on coming in my home the other day, with an attitude like "well tough ****, we're coming in whether you like it or not." Why were they coming in you ask? TO PAINT MY ****ING DOORS BLACK. Because it's so much more important to make all the doors match than it is to ACTUALLY FIX THE **** YOU KEEP BREAKING.

The guy walks in and leaves my door WIDE THE **** OPEN when I have two cats and Andi is allergic to bees (which have been everywhere outside lately), and when I go to tell him to keep the door closed, he just tells me it was in the notice (THAT I DIDN'T ****ING GET) to keep the cats locked up. Well guess what asshat? None of my doorknobs have ****ing worked since you replaced them all FOR NO REASON. The doors won't stay shut without some serious jiggling, and even then at least one of my cats can get out.

I am seriously so ****ing sick of this place. This whole ordeal with them over the past 8-9 months has given me severe anxiety problems (as is apparent with the fact I've had to go on a hefty Xanax prescription to make sure I can calm down when it gets really bad...I've never needed meds like that before) and now I'm also on Adderall (trying to figure out what dosage I need) because I can't keep my head together and focused anymore.

[/rant]

This place has seriously turned me into a massive wreck. I need out.

I'm so tired of renting. Landlords didn't give us any notice at all and still insisted on coming in my home the other day, with an attitude like "well tough ****, we're coming in whether you like it or not." Why were they coming in you ask? TO PAINT MY ****ING DOORS BLACK. Because it's so much more important to make all the doors match than it is to ACTUALLY FIX THE **** YOU KEEP BREAKING.

The guy walks in and leaves my door WIDE THE **** OPEN when I have two cats and Andi is allergic to bees (which have been everywhere outside lately), and when I go to tell him to keep the door closed, he just tells me it was in the notice (THAT I DIDN'T ****ING GET) to keep the cats locked up. Well guess what asshat? None of my doorknobs have ****ing worked since you replaced them all FOR NO REASON. The doors won't stay shut without some serious jiggling, and even then at least one of my cats can get out.

I am seriously so ****ing sick of this place. This whole ordeal with them over the past 8-9 months has given me severe anxiety problems (as is apparent with the fact I've had to go on a hefty Xanax prescription to make sure I can calm down when it gets really bad...I've never needed meds like that before) and now I'm also on Adderall (trying to figure out what dosage I need) because I can't keep my head together and focused anymore.

[/rant]

Depending on who you live with and your family status I'd recommend you just find yourself a nice apartment somewhere in a city.

[/rant]

Here me out before you chew me out after reading this.
If your doorknob or the door itself is messed up and you didn't break it...
You can do:

A.call the landlord "AGAIN" today and have someone competent fix it

or

B. you can fix the damn door yourself if you know how.

Also if the place is making you cranky, pack up your stuff and go somewhere for the day.
If you are crammed in there 24/7 I understand why you would loose it.
I somewhat agree with thorax on the moving part.
Some city apartments have their ownr issues and noisy/stupid people you will have to contend with. :/

Good luck man.

Last edited:

Becarefull of what house/home you move into, just because it looks pretty and fancy on the outside doesn't mean it has its internal problems.
I strongly advise you get with somebody who has experience in buying and selling homes and get the place looked at throughly.

In georgia most homes cap out to 150.000 maxium
Home Sales Average Price | Statistic Brain
Mariah's family takes care of that. They deal with buying and selling of both homes and land for development.

[/rant]

Here me out before you chew me out after reading this.
If your doorknob or the door itself is messed up and you didn't break it...
You can do:

or

Also if the place is making you cranky, pack up your stuff and go somewhere for the day.
If you are crammed in there 24/7 I understand why you would loose it.
I somewhat agree with thorax on the moving part.
Some city apartments have their ownr issues and noisy/stupid people you will have to contend with. :/

Good luck man.
Agreed. If you're taking not one, but two types of meds simply because of a place is driving you nuts then it's time to get out. Staying there isn't worth your health man.

Lookup renters rights for your state and local area... Some states prohibit landlords from entering a home with or without notification if the tenant disagrees.

My wife and I rented her house after we got married, The contract states we have to give 24 hrs before we enter to do repairs and maintenance notice but the tenant must let us in. At least that's what we do here in Mich.

or

Firstly, I'm so tired of having those *******s inside my apartment, I honestly don't know if I even want them to fix it at this point. Secondly, I've already spent my own money and fixed one of the doorknobs and I'll probably do it with the rest...and then take my ****ing doorknobs with me when I leave. The point is I shouldn't have to pay for this or have to get the idiots back in.

Agreed. If you're taking not one, but two types of meds simply because of a place is driving you nuts then it's time to get out. Staying there isn't worth your health man.

Yeah, I know, problem is moving isn't that easy. I have to find work first, and I've been doing that for a while. I've applied to at least 5 positions in CT through United Health since I had a reference for the tech support analyst positions. It's not that easy to move because I'm in an area that already has a low cost of living on average, and I need money to move. I'm pretty much stuck here until I can not only find a job, but one that pays enough to warrant me moving anywhere.

Lookup renters rights for your state and local area... Some states prohibit landlords from entering a home with or without notification if the tenant disagrees.

Problem is I don't have the time/money/energy for any kind of legal crap. I'm going to be looking up what I can do without going to court, but ugh. Pretty sure VA is one of those states.

I actually live in VA, but I'm going to be looking into it. I just needed to vent. Just got a notice that says Monday is the LAST time they will be coming into my house for anything without me asking them to...I don't think I'll hold my breath though...

Back
Top Bottom