What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

I dropped my GS1 several times on concrete and there is only one little scuff on the silver on the bezel. The back of it is only slightly thicker than what the GS2 has. They are just well built phones. My Blackberry Storm fell onto the concrete for the first time as I was getting out of my friends Impreza and it shattered to pieces. That was the distance from my waist sitting in a car to barely standing up and it fell. Total piece of junk lol. I have done that twice with my GS2 onto gravel (not so hard, but harder than grass) and nothing. It's also been pretty baby proof too. I let Ezio put it in his mouth constantly while it's on and he has banged it on to the carpet and still going strong.

Methinks Blackberries just need to die already.

:TrueStory:

I dropped my GS1 several times on concrete and there is only one little scuff on the silver on the bezel. The back of it is only slightly thicker than what the GS2 has. They are just well built phones. My Blackberry Storm fell onto the concrete for the first time as I was getting out of my friends Impreza and it shattered to pieces. That was the distance from my waist sitting in a car to barely standing up and it fell. Total piece of junk lol. I have done that twice with my GS2 onto gravel (not so hard, but harder than grass) and nothing. It's also been pretty baby proof too. I let Ezio put it in his mouth constantly while it's on and he has banged it on to the carpet and still going strong.

People seem to drop their phone a lot. I can safely say i've never dropped my phone once.

Plastic has give, glass doesn't all hail plastic!!!! :D XD

Wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4vvQq7BpiE

Thats just the normal charging cable, with full size USB. It's the Mini USB adapter which I think is europe only.

Last edited:

Just bought a new sim only contract for the new iPhone 5. The new IP5 needs a new fangled nano sim thanks to apple *yawn*. But to get a new nano sim on my current contract i'd have to pay £5, drive all the way to town into a Three store (My carrier is Three) get all my current sim info transferred over etc. Too much hastle.

I'm just cancelling my old sim only 1 month rolling contract and getting a new better one out.

600Minutes
5000 Texts
All-you-can-eat data + tethering

£17/$27 a month. Pretty good deal in my opinion :)

People seem to drop their phone a lot. I can safely say i've never dropped my phone once.

Wrong

iPad 1 vs iPad 2 strength test by iFixYouri.com and 9to5mac.com - YouTube

Thats just the normal charging cable, with full size USB. It's the Mini USB adapter which I think is europe only.
In my defense in the past 4 years (smart phone using period) I have only dropped my phone a total of 3 times. The GS1 I dropped while answering my bosses call while hanging from a roof (DirecTV job) and luckily landed in the garbage can, and I dropped trying to hurry up and setup my PA. The 3rd time was dropping my GS2 on the concrete. The rest of the time I always forget having my phone in my lap (passenger) and I get up and it falls. When I'm driving I have it in the center.

Just bought a new sim only contract for the new iPhone 5. The new IP5 needs a new fangled nano sim thanks to apple *yawn*. But to get a new nano sim on my current contract i'd have to pay £5, drive all the way to town into a Three store (My carrier is Three) get all my current sim info transferred over etc. Too much hastle.

I'm just cancelling my old sim only 1 month rolling contract and getting a new better one out.

600Minutes
5000 Texts
All-you-can-eat data + tethering

£17/$27 a month. Pretty good deal in my opinion :)
I wouldn't be able to do only 5000 texts, but that plan is still much better than mine. I pay 25$ a month for 250 minutes, unlimited text, and no data.

What about the Galaxy Nexus? The Razr Maxx is also a good option so long as you don't plan on modifying it.

I am personally not a fan of HTC due to their locked bootloaders .

HTCDev lets you unlock the bootloader on all of the HTC phones. It says it may void your warranty, but I've seen people on XDA send their phones into both HTC and VZW with S-Off and it's fine. Speaking of S-Off, that's another thing that's nice about HTC phones - you can turn the security flag off, so you have absolute control over your device (although it can be dangerous if you flash the wrong thing... you'll brick your device and have to send it in). S-Off lets you downgrade firmware from ICS to GB if you wanted to.

So not sure what you mean by HTC doesn't allow you to unlock bootloaders... because they do from their website. Just have to generate and flash an unlock code to the phone from the site. Took about 10 minutes to do on my Rezound.

The reason they did that is because they actually listened to their customerbase. A bunch of people posted on their FB and twitter feeds about unlocking their bootloader so software devs can more easily work with the phones - and guess what? They did - fairly shortly after the petition as well.

I personally love HTC phones; they have great screen quality and very good cameras (Sense camera takes great pictures for some reason, even compared to the AOSP camera on the Rezound).

Carnage, I get a huge discount through verizon and my new job, plus, I like buying new. XD

Oh I thought you said you were buying a phone out of contract and wanted a decent one; thought you were trying to keep unlimited data by not upgrading. Misunderstood what you were posting I guess lol.

Last edited:

In my defense in the past 4 years (smart phone using period) I have only dropped my phone a total of 3 times. The GS1 I dropped while answering my bosses call while hanging from a roof (DirecTV job) and luckily landed in the garbage can, and I dropped trying to hurry up and setup my PA. The 3rd time was dropping my GS2 on the concrete. The rest of the time I always forget having my phone in my lap (passenger) and I get up and it falls. When I'm driving I have it in the center.

I wouldn't be able to do only 5000 texts, but that plan is still much better than mine. I pay 25$ a month for 250 minutes, unlimited text, and no data.

Only 5000 texts ? **** dude, are you socialite or something ?

Thats 166 texts a day. The only time I got through 166 texts in a day was when I was flirting with some girl back in high school, and that was for only about a week :p

Normal day to day life I send like, 2 or 3 a day. Sometimes none. Sometimes 20 or 30 if i'm organising something with friends or whatever.

I only text people for a specific reason though. Anything unimportant I just send on Steam or ask them in person if they are family and i'll see them at home.

3 Bottles of Red Rouster, 2x Lotto Instant Scrach Cards, and a portion of soft noodles from the local Chineese.

Edit.

Only 5000 texts ? **** dude, are you socialite or something ?

Thats 166 texts a day. The only time I got through 166 texts in a day was when I was flirting with some girl back in high school, and that was for only about a week

Normal day to day life I send like, 2 or 3 a day. Sometimes none. Sometimes 20 or 30 if i'm organising something with friends or whatever.

I've seen my self Smash 3000 Texts a month for 3 Month off the belt. Sending Jokes to everyone, organizeing things ect..

Last edited:

I send ~10k messages a month... I'm a heavy user :tongue:
Go through 75% of my data on average (2GB), and maybe.. a few hours of calling time...
My phone is thoroughly used

Back
Top Bottom