Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

@Wildside,

Yes that is a Vista specific problem. Has nothing to do with Win7. You would have to create a new thread if you want proper support. ;)

That is the 191.07 Driver. Like i said, only the last 5 digits are the driver version. Check nvidia.com and you should see that those are the latest set of drivers.
ah, thought you meant the last four digits would mean something like it was certified or something, i didn't think you meant it was the driver version, if that is what you meant i could have just told you what one i installed lol.

Experienced users can also fix the problem manually by following the steps detailed at the very same support page:
To resolve this problem yourself, follow these steps:
1. Restart the computer. Then, your computer will roll back to Windows Vista.
2. Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
3. On the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
4. Under System variables, click New.
5. Type MIG_UPGRADE_IGNORE_PLUGINS in the Variable name field.
6. Type IphlpsvcMigPlugin.dll in the Variable value field.
7. Click OK three times to close the dialog boxes.
8. Start the upgrade installation again.

Microsoft Fix-It For Vista 62% Upgrade Error | Windows 7 News

@Wildside,

Yes that is a Vista specific problem. Has nothing to do with Win7. You would have to create a new thread if you want proper support. ;)

i can access my other HDD, for now. Once im done reinstalling everything back, im formatting that old HDD. I'm done with Vista for good now. Time to move on.

So I have been messing around with shortcuts on my desktop and pinned to the task bar. Is there any reason to do one over the other? If you do pin to task bar then is there any point in having desktop shortcuts? I really don't see a reason to have both?

So I have been messing around with shortcuts on my desktop and pinned to the task bar. Is there any reason to do one over the other? If you do pin to task bar then is there any point in having desktop shortcuts? I really don't see a reason to have both?

well i use both. I put firefox and Zune player on my taskbar. Things like CPU-Z, GPU-Z, HD Tune, etc i dont because there is too many. I should try puting them all in taskbar actually. It might make my desktop cleaner. Hmm.

both options r helpful, suite which one is better for u.

Back
Top Bottom