Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

Windows 7 Training Kit For Developers

Microsoft is releasing (or preparing to release) all kinds of training related materials for their upcoming operating system Windows 7. This includes videos, documentations, development kits and much more. The Windows 7 training kit for developers is offered as a 66 Megabyte download at the official Microsoft website.
It includes demonstrations, presentations and hands-on labs that help developers learn how to create applications that are compatible with Windows 7. The target group of the Windows 7 training kit for developers are software developers who want to make sure that their applications are compatible with Windows 7 and make use of Windows 7 specific features like the new taskbar.

Windows 7 RC Availability to Stop on Thursday

If you've been putting off downloading the release candidate for Windows 7, consider yourself warned. The media will no longer be available to download from Microsoft after 8/20, though you can still get keys and register the product. That reminds me that I need to grab the 32-bit version for "Justin Case" reasons.

Folks will also want to remember that to move from the release candidate to the final version requires a clean installation of the operating system, meaning backing up one's data, reinstalling Windows 7, and then restoring the data and reinstalling any applications.

It should search whether or not the drives are indexed. Indexing is just used to speed the searching up.
It works if I open a drive or folder. Just not in "computer"

After typing in the search filed did you hit enter to execute the search from Computer?

When i hit enter it works from Computer. But if i dont it does nothing. I also get the same thing when within a folder. I only have my C:\ Drive indexed.

Maybe it is something with the RC? This is the behavior i am getting on the RTM build.

Back
Top Bottom