True Crime: New York speed/graphics problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

vampblades

Solid State Member
Problem #1: I upgraded my graphics drivers because the game was running too slow. I thought it worked at first, but now it is running too fast. I tried setting the processor affinity to only 1 core but it didnt work, neither did raising the graphics quality. It's playable but it's a nuisance. Any ideas?

Problem #2: There is also a fine line about 1/3 up the screen when playing the game. Below this line it seems like the top layer of graphics rendering was stripped away. This is VERY distracting.

Common things referred to:

Hardware acceleration is full. Graphics drivers up to date. Directx up to date.
And i tried reinstalling it

System Specs:
ASUS A8N SLI-Deluxe MOBO
AMD 64 4200+ dual core
2x512mb corsair RAM
2x BFG Nvidia 7800GTX OC running in SLI
Overclocked 10%
Windows XP SP2

I AM computer savvy so don't worry about technical jargon haha.

Windows is up to date and i can't find any patches or game fixes for the game.

I just got the idea to try disabling my SLI. Maybe that will help. I'll post back if it does.

You can certainly try to run the game on one card, but if that fixs both problems what will you do? Clearly you won't want one of those cards to simply sit there. Prehaps you could, take everything apart, get some canned air, blow all dust out of every part, put everything back together and make sure all connectors (Sli bridge especially) and plugs are securely and tightly in place. Maybe theres some information or modification that can be done to the Sli mode on those two cards. Its worth looking up, if not you may find a specific fix/issue with those two cards and drivers when in Sli.

Does it only happen in one game, or does it happen in all games and applications?
Single player or multi?

Hey sorry it took so long to reply. i was away for the weekend and didn't have internet access (i almost died)

Anyway, i disabled sli processing. That took care of the line across the bottom of the screen and the stripped away graphics rendering but it still runs too fast.

It's the only game it happens on

I clean out the case once a week

I can't find any patches or fixes. Did you find one or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom