Microsoft word problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchk

Solid State Member
When I am typing in a new blank word document like if i start at the beginning and type like "hello" then hit enter it takes me to the bottom of the page. If i were to type "hello" again and hit enter then type "hello" yet again and go to print preview it would be like the 3 hellos would be on one page but they would be perfectly spaced out on the page. There would be one at the top one in the middle and one at the bottom. Now heres the tricky part, when i type hello and hold shift then hit enter it goes to the next line right below it and so forth looking like a normal document would. I have a feeling its a setting that is messed up. I uninstalled office xp and reinstalled it to see if it fixed it but to no avail. If anyone knows whats going on i would really appreciate the help. Thanks for your feedback.

checked em both. Didnt find anything that would be causing it. I turned sticky keys off too.

Make another user account and see if it happens on there too, it may be something in your profile

Just an update. I got this problem fixed now with the help of everyone that posted. Just to let anyone else know that may have this issue in the future, the problem I'm assuming was a setting was screwed up. I logged on another account on the computer and opened word. I typed some stuff and found that everything was working fine. So what I did then was I copying the "Normal.dot" file from the new account and copied it over the "Normal.dot" file in the old account's documents and settings folder. Everything seems to be in order now. Just thought I would post this as an FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom