Windows 7 Issues!! HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
I Have a few issues I need help with promptly.

1. Moving Files - When I move a file from My Documents to Video it moves but I have to reload both pages to show it. I drag and drop and then have to click to another screen and then back to Video to show that the file has moved. And the same with My Documents to show the file is no longer in that folder. It is like this with all files and folders.

2. Windows Media Player and iTunes take forever to load if they load at all. WMP like to freeze when I try to open a video and when I open iTunes from the start menu it took like 45min to open. It does the same with Audio. In task manager it says WMP is running but it seems frozen. When moused over it shows the loading ring. Then it shows "Not Responding" when I click "End Task" in the task manager.

3. Windows 7 takes and abnormally long time to Shutdown or Restart.

Thanks in advanced for the help.

How old is this install? You may try following Osiris' Spyware Guide. If it's a new install, it could be a corrupt install.

Its about 2 weeks old. It didn't start doing this until a power flicker today shut it down. No programs were open though. I wasn't even logged on at all.

After awhile WMP will go back to normal and function normal. The movies play but I cant enlarge or skip for like 10 min. I really don't want to have to reinstall I just got done getting everything transferred!

1. Yes this is normal behavior. You have to Refresh the window in order to see the changes reflected. Just as you have to refresh a webpage to see chances made or a new post. This is the same behavior you would see in any version of Windows.

2. Try loading WMP itself WITHOUT loading a video. Does it work? How much media do you have stored in the Library? As for iTunes that has always been known to have issues in Windows and it is even worse in Win7 cause it is not designed to operate in Win7 flawlessly.

3. No it doesnt. I can do a restart and be back to a desktop in no more than 45 seconds. That is something system specific. So you need to figure out why. Run Osiris's Guide.

1. Yes this is normal behavior. You have to Refresh the window in order to see the changes reflected. Just as you have to refresh a webpage to see chances made or a new post. This is the same behavior you would see in any version of Windows

Doesn't do that for me in XP. The file "disappears" from the folder I have dragged from immediately and is added to the end of the file list in the folder I dragged to, I then need to refresh that instance of windows explorer if I want to get it back into order.

I noticed that behavior in Windows before. It may have been a setting in the folder options but i know that it does do that. I only use 1 window when i move my files so no matter what mine are constantly getting refreshed.

But i do know that this is behavior that is experienced in explorer. It may be a adverse affect due to a infection, but i do know that it is also behavior you can setup for yourself as well.

Well problem number 1 is fixed. Ran osiris guide. Windows does the same thing when I open from start menu. Pulls the box up then I get the loading icon when I mouse over. Itunes still will not load either. Shutting down and starting up have all gone back to normal super fast speeds. I need to get itunes working as well. So it is just my Media Players now. Should I uninstall and reinstall?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall iTunes with removing the folders? Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom