Question about backing up my files in Windows Vista and upgrading to Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Apparently, i want to back up my HDD using the Backup and Restore Center in my version of Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. Says i have to format my dad's 1TB external HDD to NTFS to get it to work properly. If i can get that taken care of, good. Now here is what im trying to do, im trying to back up my HDD using this feature, format my HDD, buy Windows Vista Business SP1 64-bit OEM from Newegg because it comes with a coupon to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional for free. Can i restore my entire PC back up onto the 64-bit OS Windows Vista Business no problem even though my Windows Vista Ultimate is 32-bit? If not, let me know now before i make a mistake. I want to go 64-bit!

I dont think you can do that. I think it can only work for the same version. IE 32 Bit with 32 Bit and 64 Bit with 64 Bit. But i would check with Microsoft. As this is the first time i have had a question like that asked. Most people find a alternative backup method as the Backup and Restore Center stinks.

I dont think you can do that. I think it can only work for the same version. IE 32 Bit with 32 Bit and 64 Bit with 64 Bit. But i would check with Microsoft. As this is the first time i have had a question like that asked. Most people find a alternative backup method as the Backup and Restore Center stinks.

dang it :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom