Cursor jumps randomly (each time cursor is moved) - VGA output

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjr87

Beta member
Hi,

Not sure if this is Windows related or not. This may have more to do with my VGA output, but anyway:

I am having an issue with my mouse cursor jumping around on the screen whenever I let it sit idle for even a second or two or if I start typing. This only seems to happen when I have my laptop plugged into my HDTV via VGA cable and duplicate/extend/whatever the display.

They only appear to happen when I use the cursor in the extended desktop (but never my main laptop LCD, plugged into VGA or not).

The fact that I am using a mouse or touch pad is irrelevant as both work perfectly fine when not connected through VGA, so I am convinced that this is not a hardware problem.

Can anyone offer any perspective/advice on this?

Thank you.

Running:
Windows 7 Ult. x86
HP TX2000 Tablet PC

Do you have the latest video driver from the HP site installed?

Just checked and looks like all of my drivers are up-to-date.

This laptop is actually a pretty recently rebuilt one and everything was updated after a fresh install.

Being rebuilt doesnt mean that you have up to date drivers. Even a fresh install. Drivers can be updated weekly. Most drivers are not included in Windows Updates. So that is why you have to check.

Run SiSandrea Software or Belarc Advisor to see what the Video Device is and make sure you have the latest drivers per the manufacturer of the device and not HP.

Even HP driver updates recommend updates for manufacturer parts, as long as the machine still has the original factory parts in them..

So I used the Belarc Advisor, which was actually pretty interesting, so thanks for that suggestion.
Everything appears to be updated, except for a few virus definitions.
But otherwise, the NVIDIA stuff is all up-to-date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom