What is wrong with my comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Ok guys please help me on this. Heres the story... I bought a new computer case and I switched all the components etc. and when I powered it on everything worked fine. But I figured it was time for a reformat so I reformatted and reinstalled everything. I do it a lot so no I didnt screw anything up. Well anyway I've reformatted about 20 diff. times trying to fix this. But on boot up right before the XP Boot Screen comes on, it will sit on this black screen for like 15 min, and then it shows like the "RETURNING FROM HIBERNATING" bars, like those white little bars on the bottom and I finally get in to XP and everything runs great after that. I tried changing the jumpers on my HD and my CDROM but still nothing. All my bios and everything loads then it goes to a black screen right when XP is supposed to be booting and it just sits on the black screen then loads. I've tried reformatting to fix this. Switching RAM slots. I don't know what else to do. All I am thinking about right now is throwing my computer out the window.

ANY1 Help or Suggestions is more than appreciated right now. Thank you so much.

-SPECS
Windows XP
AMD Athlon XP1800+
1.533ghz.
256mb pc2100 ram.
40GB WD HD 7200RPM
Then just a CD/CDR-CDRW Writer.

PLZ HELP! Thanks a million guys. I appreciate any help.

have u tried checkin in ur bios like wat boots first set ur hdd the first boot device then ur cd roms as second boot device and ur third wud be floppy drive if u dont have floppy drive disable third boot

AuThoRitY said:
it will sit on this black screen for like 15 min, and then it shows like the "RETURNING FROM HIBERNATING" bars, like those white little bars on the bottom

Does it do this every time you try to boot up or just the first time? cauze when you reformat, it will do that. Windows is waking up and loading everything for its 'first' time. It'll show that loading bars after a serious crash. And is it really 15 min or more like 60 seconds?

everytime man, its starting to piss me off. it seems that no one knows much about this.... i guess its not the OS! it has something to do before the OS even loads.,

if it gets to the boot screen it means 2 things:
the fault is not hardware
it can find the OS fine, it just can't run it. I would say it is the OS itself

try taking out the CD and giving it a clean before you install Windows. chances are it is not reading the CD properly and causing it to create corrupt files

Reset the CMOS? And/or flash the BIOS? If it is hanging before Windows, might be the problem.

ok i just took out the battery of my mobo, (reset the bios) then i changed the defaults of the IDE to HDD firstthen CDROM second. even on the IDE's this did nothing I watched the clock right when i restarted again it took 30 minutes exactly before the xp boot screen came up.

umm i don't know much about this question but i've read things on tweaking sites and what not about windows xp 'hanging' at startup not sure if this is relevant or not but also what about the boot sector? maybe it's damaged? and resetting stuff isn't helping maybe he needs to flash his boot sector and then reinstall windows? dunno just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom