GPU opinions?

Daytona Beach

Solid State Member
So after a few months I decided to build a gaming PC as I sold my last one before I moved to Georgia. I was running a 3.9ghz processor with 4gb of ram and a Nvidia GeForce (maybe) 630 2gb card my grandpa bought me like 5 years ago. Everything ran fine back then, Minecraft, GTA IV, etc. (the older games anyhow). But now I have a little bit more stable computer so I'm not sure what card to buy for the computer. I had my eye on an XFX R7 Radeon 4gb card but I am not sure if my local stores carry it. I'm just trying to get opinion on which card I should buy for my setup, I either want the R7 or the MSI Radeon RX 550 4gb.
Here is the MSI Radeon RX 550
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137136

Here is the XFX R7 Radeon
XFX Core Edition AMD Radeon R7 240 4GB DDR3 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card Black R7-240A-4NFR - Best Buy

If anyone has any other opinions on cards feel free to let me know, I want to have a smooth gaming experience with little to no lag.
Also, my specs for my computer right now are below.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz
RAM: 6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2
Motherboard: Intel Corp DQ35JO
GPU: 256mb Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT (this is a very old card hense the upgrade)
Storage: 465GB Hitachi

Minus the card being a 256mb, it still runs quite the few games without lag around 60-70 FPS. Also runs 1440p videos without lag. And don't worry about the RAM being DDR2, I'll be upgrading that to DDR3 along with the graphics card tomorrow.

Sorry it took so long to reply, hard drive crashed, computer kept freezing, and had to reinstall Windows. It's been running fine with the graphics card I picked up. I got a new motherboard and CPU on the way. I picked up the Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 2gb from best buy. I also ordered the AMD Athlon X4 860k quad-core processor and the ASRock FM2A68M-HD ATX motherboard and some DDR3 RAM. So I won't have to worry about those parts anymore, just the CPU cooler which I'm switching over to LC if possible, and the hard drive which I will also be upgrading this saturday.

Yes I do, and considering the Pentium is around the Athlon price I might consider buying the Pentium. Never really branched out from AMD processors besides the Intel Duo.

Well if you're going to get one do it now as Intel are phasing them out because they're taking too much market share from the i3. They're that good.

Back
Top Bottom