Sub $200 phone.

That all depends if your intent is to go for a Windows based phone or if you are open to Android.

Currently, the Blu is the entry level for Windows based smartphones. Not that it's bad per se. In fact, at that price range I think the only viable alternative would be the Motorola Moto G.

Here's a comparison chart for the two: GSMArena

If you're looking to spend even less, you might be want to consider snagging this one on Amazon for $155.

T-Mobile might even have a discount if you bring in your own phone.

Last edited:
I bought my wife a 2014 Moto G. Darn nice phone.

As for Blu, they have some really nice new models either just out or will be out soon. The Studio Energy looks interesting, but I am waiting on the One XL. My sister in law has the Studio 6.0 and loves it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using TechForums

Moto phones are probably the best budget phones on andriod.

If you're going to do windows and you wanna get a mid range take a look at the Nokia 635, it's going for like $50 right now which is really freaking low, especially for what it offers.

The Moto G looks promising but the price on that Win HD might be hard to pass up. We'll see when I can afford it in the next couple weeks. I'm open to more suggestions, Windows or Android.

A few others to check out:

HTC Desire 616
HTC Desire 610
BLU Life 8
Blu Vivo Air

I own a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini which I bought a few months ago for ~€200 and it was worth every penny. I am uncertain about the price of this model in the US but I'd assume it won't vary too much. If I were you I would at least consider it.

I have many back up phones
NOkia 635, Samsung Light, Moto E.

Go with the Moto G
Windows is...meh
I got bored and tired of it.
I feel like windows is worse than apple.
You're limited plus their aren't enough apps, you get bored of using the phone quickly.
Moto phones are vanilla android or w/e you wanna call them. It's clean, no bloatware so it runs really well.
Avoid Samsung, full of bloatware and their interface is terrible and bogs the system down.

Back
Top Bottom