What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

The one picture before looks very cheapish like a Ford compared to the VW. I've actually sat in and drove the 2014 ST. Very cheap interior.

I don't think the interior is quite as good quality as a VW, but its pretty close. Most reviews say the car is very well built (the internals literally have Audi and VW stamps on them) and the inside is pretty well put together too.

I have a much cheaper SEAT at the moment. It's only a £15,000 car so there are hard plastics in quite a few places, but the wheel is well made, all the switches and controls feel good and not like they are going to snap off.

At the end of the day, equipping a Golf to the same spec as my car would be about £4000 extra. An Audio probably £6000 more. That would increase my monthly payments by about 30%. The £30,000 Golf R comes with cloth seats too. 30,000 for cloth seats, jeeeze!

But anyway, it's better than a Ford, I promise. But it's probably not amazingly well built like an old Merc or something either.

Oh and btw, I don't personally care as I am well aware of it anyway, but I would probably advise against telling people their new $50,000 car looks like a cheap ford :p

Last edited:

Well, it is what it is. Nothing wrong with the Focus ST as it's a great car and fully equipped my friend got one for 20k. I just mentioned that because everybody dogs on Ford interior and I just saw that and thought to myself "looks like a Ford" lol.

Yeah. I could have got the Golf R or Audi S3 with better interior quality. But the Leon Cupra comes with better standard kit and is the best of the 3 in terms of handling. Stuff like adaptive chassis control is pretty much necessary on a firmly sprung hothatch with 19" rims, it's standard on the Leon Cupra but £900 extra on the S3 and Golf R. There are quite a few other things as well, the golf only has 18" rims and the Cupra has 19". The Golf has no premium sound option, the Cupra does..

I spent like a year looking and researched cars to death. I looked at the Golf, S3, M135i, M235i, 335i, X3, Q3, V40, XC60. Pretty much everything. Nothing was perfect for my budget (obviously). In a perfect world i'd have got a nice 5L supercharger Range Rover. Luxurious, 4WD, and fast.

I've been trying out friend's cars because I'm looking for a daily. I've narrowed it down to 3. Subaru WRX sedan, Focus RS, or more than like Tesla E. My car is just too loud and gas sucking for a daily and it's only going to get worse.

Had been browsing Play.com and bought a Cheap budget Keyboard & Mouse bundle, Wireless for the System I run the Boinc project on for SETI, instead of constantly having to unplug \ Plug the dongle from one tower to another. Also bought a Laptop Drive enclosure for external use SATA Connection and a few other things. Best part is as well I have my nabour whom has just threw out his old CRT TV and I've got it hear now ready for use when I find something I need it for. Not bad a thought as its now part of the set up I'm using atm.

My friend has one of the VW GTI's... Looks like a small mini van. Also the touch screen is nothing but a gimmick in the thing... Unusable it's so small :tongue:

Hopefully SpaceX offers discounts on Teslas to their employees. That would be awesome. I'm buying one either way though :tongue:

My friend has one of the VW GTI's... Looks like a small mini van. Also the touch screen is nothing but a gimmick in the thing... Unusable it's so small :tongue:

Hopefully SpaceX offers discounts on Teslas to their employees. That would be awesome. I'm buying one either way though :tongue:
Not many super chargers here though :(

Still trying to get my wife's laptop running. Got the cooler and ram in but still having issues. Had to order some cooling pads and copper shims as it shuts down after about 30 seconds. I tried to bridge the gaps with thermal paste but that didn't work obviously.

Sent from my LG-E980 using TechForums

How small is the touchscreen?

Back
Top Bottom