What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Probably because you have an iPhone and nobody really cares about them. I whip out my Galaxy S2 and people are like dude nice phone. If I had an iPhone I wouldn't get the same reaction.

And actually, you'd be surprised that most people over here have iPhones too. Android's are becoming more "common" but it isn't every day you see somebody with a nicer Android phone like mine. Now if you hang around a place that would you are excluded, I'm talking about general public like Target, Walmart, the mall, ect. I actually see a ton of people still with flip phones in our Walmart but that is probably because of where we live.

still envious of you and your $10 S2 deal.

Not bad... I assume said customer has an OS and all that, so you just have to do the build or are you doing the install as well?

Me... Got my new "Shiny" Razer Lycosa keyboard today...

Open it up, go to hook it up and Hmmm... Why are the keys funny? OH, it's in Spanish! AND, I got the Mirrored one as well that I didn't order. Go figure, so now I have to return it for a refund and try this again. The little I did play with it; It's nice and I could get used to it very quickly. But I am not so sure about it. The placement of the keys are fine, but it's the glaring LED lights of the Cap lock, Num lock, etc.. that are blinding me due to the position I sit. So I might go for the Saitek III and see what that one is like. :p

Trotter, you have really impressed me by your build components you picked out for your customer.
When your done building it and configuring, test out the APU for a little while and confirm to me and others what you think the APU is abit weaker than other Phenom II's out there or not.
Since I will be waiting on a new motherboard, I'll be looking at my recent build again and matching it against the AM3+ series.

I plan on setting it up for AMD's dual graphics so she will have the power of a decent card using the APU and low end card. Hopefully it will work as it is touted. ;)

Not bad... I assume said customer has an OS and all that, so you just have to do the build or are you doing the install as well?

Me... Got my new "Shiny" Razer Lycosa keyboard today...

Open it up, go to hook it up and Hmmm... Why are the keys funny? OH, it's in Spanish! AND, I got the Mirrored one as well that I didn't order. Go figure, so now I have to return it for a refund and try this again. The little I did play with it; It's nice and I could get used to it very quickly. But I am not so sure about it. The placement of the keys are fine, but it's the glaring LED lights of the Cap lock, Num lock, etc.. that are blinding me due to the position I sit. So I might go for the Saitek III and see what that one is like. :p

Yeah. She's already got the OS (retail from a custom build that lightning got) and the peripherals.

Sucks about the keyboard, bud.

Probably because you have an iPhone and nobody really cares about them. I whip out my Galaxy S2 and people are like dude nice phone. If I had an iPhone I wouldn't get the same reaction.

And actually, you'd be surprised that most people over here have iPhones too. Android's are becoming more "common" but it isn't every day you see somebody with a nicer Android phone like mine. Now if you hang around a place that would you are excluded, I'm talking about general public like Target, Walmart, the mall, ect. I actually see a ton of people still with flip phones in our Walmart but that is probably because of where we live.

The concentration of Android phones does vary by location, in my networking class the row of ~5-6 people I was in had a Galaxy Nexus, 2 Galaxy S2 i777's, and a Droid X2. I also noticed the only two people using tablets in the sitting area outside were both Androids, a original Transformer + dock and a Transformer Prime.

Even in more public places you see quite a few Android phones, I see tons of Galaxy S's and Evos out at restaurants and stores.

The concentration of Android phones does vary by location, in my networking class the row of ~5-6 people I was in had a Galaxy Nexus, 2 Galaxy S2 i777's, and a Droid X2. I also noticed the only two people using tablets in the sitting area outside were both Androids, a original Transformer + dock and a Transformer Prime.

Even in more public places you see quite a few Android phones, I see tons of Galaxy S's and Evos out at restaurants and stores.
The majority of Android users I know of personally are tech friends (forums included) and a few friends I convinced it was the better platform. I know a few people that have the lesser Android phones but they always complain about them. I expect them to head back to iPhone sooner or later. I almost never see a Blackberry anymore.

Nobody cares about iPhones..... hmm... if thats what you like to believe in your Android world, then so be it :p

I think what you meant is people are more used too seeing iPhones, and thus arn't as impressed. Nobody cares is blatently wrong.

Most folks I know have android but then most folks I meet regularly are at least 'very geeky' (and hackery), and a student.

I guess. I don't have a single friend that is anywhere near as clued up on tech as me. In fact I never talk about it too them. Though they sometimes question why I know how too use their blackberrys better than they do. Thats when you know you are a geek, when you know how too use your friends phone better than they do :grin:

Nobody cares about iPhones..... hmm... if thats what you like to believe in your Android world, then so be it :p

I think what you meant is people are more used too seeing iPhones, and thus arn't as impressed. Nobody cares is blatently wrong.

I guess. I don't have a single friend that is anywhere near as clued up on tech as me. In fact I never talk about it too them. Though they sometimes question why I know how too use their blackberrys better than they do. Thats when you know you are a geek, when you know how too use your friends phone better than they do :grin:
People use them because they are easy for dumb people to understand (IE all the old people who get them as a first smart phone). Nobody actually cares about an iPhone anymore. The people who MUST have them, are hipsters or your typical fan boy.

Unlike the AMD vs Intel crap, I could really care less about what OS my phone has. What I care about, is how fast it is, unbloated it is, and if it gets the job done without me throwing it across the room at the end of the day. My GS2 does all this and just happens to have an Android based OS. Therefor, I don't live in an Android world.

I use whatever phone OS lets me do everything I want, or lets me customize it so I can make it do everything I want.

I'm not an apple fanboy or a hipster and I have an iphone. it does what i want in an easier more efficient (not faster, more effecient overall) way then android would do. plus the nexus and razr are too ****ing huge, if i want a tablet i'll buy a tablet.

One of my least favorite things about the iPhone is it's tiny screen, I've owned a 4" and 4.3" Android phones and IMO bigger is most certainly better. Besides the iPhone isn't actually that much smaller than a 4.3" Android phone thanks to it's massive bezel.

The other thing that gets on my nerves is how much basic functionality iOS lacks. On iOS you can't even attach multiple files to a single email without putting them in a .zip, on Android multiple attachments is a piece of cake. In general the "send to" functionality is iOS apps is inadequate, you can only pick from a few predefined options like email or twitter while Android allows me to send it to any service who's app I have installed on my phone which gives third party developers a way to seamlessly integrate their app into the os. The inferior media capabilities of iOS are also annoying, my Galaxy S2 can playback any 1080p .mkv using the built in player while the iPhone 4s will still struggle with some content even when using third party apps for playback.

Back
Top Bottom