What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Thanks for the advice. Couldn't see any on there anyway :p

Funny thing is, I don't actually like the look of the A40s all that much (not visually - visually I think they're great.). They're just the only 'decent' set that will let me seamlessly use them on my 360 and PC without faffing around with cables.
In terms of compatibility they are definitely the best I've come across and the warranty is alright too which is a bonus. Aesthetically I think they look quite nice but everytime I see my bro wearing them I can't help thinking of a transformer (think optimis primes head (assuming you've seen transformers))

About steam yami, if I have a game on disc how do I install it so I can always use it on steam without the disc. I assume that's what you meant on the last page. I was thinking of getting battlefield 3 but I hate the idea of having one disc for PC and everything else on my hdd.

In terms of compatibility they are definitely the best I've come across and the warranty is alright too which is a bonus. Aesthetically I think they look quite nice but everytime I see my bro wearing them I can't help thinking of a transformer (think optimis primes head (assuming you've seen transformers))

About steam yami, if I have a game on disc how do I install it so I can always use it on steam without the disc. I assume that's what you meant on the last page. I was thinking of getting battlefield 3 but I hate the idea of having one disc for PC and everything else on my hdd.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

That should help, also if steam allows it they will send you a email and grant you permission on your account to add games they see fit.

Now should I get a GTX560 ti or keep my Sli GTX 260's?
Personally since the performance is roughly equal (in benchmarking anyway) I'd keep the 260s and wait until there's a more legitimate upgrade, i.e. a GTX760 or something like that.

That should help, also if steam allows it they will send you a email and grant you permission on your account to add games they see fit.
Could you elaborate on that? Dunno what you mean

And Mischa, all you do is put the cd key into Steam and it gives you the exact same copy as if you had bought it off Steam directly.

True dat. Main thing I'm worried about is that the sound quality won't match up to the ~£220 price tag, though I suppose if I don't think it's up to par I can just return them.

I think this is what he meant yami It was a link at the bottom of the page

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2219-YDJV-5557

What im not sure on is whether you still need the disc im guessing you do as you only create a shortcut.

If you don't think the sound quality is good enough yami you could always buy the mixamp only and then a good PC headset, this may give better sound quality as a lot of people have said on the internet. Plus it will still be compatible with Xbox and PC with no hassle as the headset is for PC anyway and you just plug the headset into the mixamp slot for Xbox 360 using a y splitter.

What im not sure on is whether you still need the disc im guessing you do as you only create a shortcut.
I think you might be mixing up these two options
addsteamgames.png

'Add a non-Steam Game...' just makes a shortcut within Steam to a game (or any other program) already installed on the computer.
'Activate a Product on Steam...' is the thing I mentioned earlier about Skyrim and not even needing the disc (since all you need is the key, which you put into the resultant dialog). That gives you the game as if you'd just bought it on Steam. At this point it doesn't make a different whether you have the disc or not.

GTX 560 Ti = DX11. I know I am loving mine.

I was thinking that since I just got Skyrim, but if I do it'll have to wait until tax time, unless someone wants to buy a laptop. LOL

But ya'know Yami I do have to agree... I'm just not sure I want to spend 400.00 plus on a GPU like I did years ago.
My deployment days are now done, so I won't be getting the extra money any more! :p

BTW Trotter, you may want to update your sig... still has a 260 on it.

Back
Top Bottom