What You've Just Bought!

SteelSeries Sensei 310 Gaming Mouse

I figured I would try something different this time around. I got it for a really great price and was able to use gift cards to pay for it so I won't really be out anything if I don't like it. A friend uses and recommended the Corsair Dark Core, but I am looking seriously at the Corsair Ironclaw. Once I get the Sensei and try out the grip of it I will be better informed about the shape.

Anyone else use these?

I have the older Steelseries Rival 300 and love it. I still use my Func for my everyday use, but a Steelseries mouse is always a great buy and I use it for my laptop.

I have the older Steelseries Rival 300 and love it. I still use my Func for my everyday use, but a Steelseries mouse is always a great buy and I use it for my laptop.

My Func MS-3 went tits-up a couple of years back. There are none to be found anywhere, period. I went back to a Mionix Naos 7000 but it hasn't been working for my grip the past few months. I received the Sensei today and am trying to get used to using a MUCH smaller mouse but it feels like half of it is missing to me. Just gotta give it time, I guess. If it doesn't work out I will look for a wide body mouse that allows me to grip the sides for easier pickups.

I actually cancelled it and went with the X1 Extreme w/ 512GB SSD, 16GB's RAM, the 4K screen, and an i7. Bumblebee + HiDPI scaling look to be mature enough to try out on the Extreme with Ubuntu (Plus, it's Ubuntu certified)
@Soul,
16GB's is more than enough for me. 8GB's is cutting it, but 16 is fine. 32 is overkill :lol: I barely use 6-8 in my desktop, I kinda regret getting 32 for it.

If I'm gonna shell out $3000+ on a laptop, it's gonna have to last me at LEAST 3 years. Non-upgradable ram means I'm stuck with 16gb in 2022 = not great given running 1x instance of PS right now (or any of the adobe suite) already ideally needs 16gb. Take into account my roaming 2-3gb chrome sessions, FF, outlook, ides, etc and it's easily possible to bog it down in 2019 let alone 2022 (assuming the same "moar memry" trend for programs continues as it has since the start of the PC era).

Not saying I wouldn't be pretty thrilled if someone gifted me one :p just that if I'm approaching the comp store with a wad of cash in my hand, I'm honestly baffled why they *wouldn't* offer the 32gb option for those who need or just want it. Not like it takes up more physical space or needs major design changes.

Last edited:
The site says up to 64GB so I assume it's upgradable.
The lowest model with 16GB is 1559, and their highest offered is 32GB. So seems to definitely be upgradable. Editing video in CC 2018 on the Zbook I never went above 12GB of program usage although with that I was only editing 1080p video.

Back
Top Bottom