A poster found my password in another forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgregory29

Beta member
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in. I moderate another forum and one of the posters found my password amongst other posters and has been using my account. Is there a way to hide my password? Thanks.

Did you have a strong password or something simple? What is the password lockout for the forum? Can you guess numerous times without being locked out?

Did you have a strong password or something simple? What is the password lockout for the forum? Can you guess numerous times without being locked out?

At the time he first found it, it was fairly simple. Then I had the Administrator reset it then I changed it atleast 3 times and he found it again. There is a passowrd lockout after so many times it locks you out for like 30 minutes or something like that.

I think that DB was hacked, not whole forum at all. But I think that it is needed to change password. Other guess - the email was hacked. I just want to draw your attention that not only forum should be considered for the reason ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom