Help with networked printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadpolefoder

Solid State Member
Hey, I've had my HP PSC 2410 printer networked for awhile --- I had it plugged into and running off my upstairs desktop computer, and then had the other computers connect through that computer. But this week I bought a US Robotics wireless-G router with a built-in print server from CompUSA ($15 - cheap!) and decided to plug the printer right in the router so the upstairs desktop wouldn't always have to be turned on.

Everyone can connect to the printer now, but there's one problem --- I had to use an alternate (and older) driver (HP Deskjet 990C), as per the directions from HP.com, to install the printer on each computer. But now, a few problems have arisen with borderless printing and such.

Is there a way to avoid using only the printer drivers in Windows "Add Printer" and somehow get the drivers from my CD? I've been searching for awhile, but can't seem to find a solution.

Thanks for reading,
Jut

I haven't need to share a printer on a network until recently, and frankly speaking, it is driving me up the wall, because windows just isn't playing nice... lol

Anyways, can you give us a link to the page that referenced using an older driver for a different model to install it. That seems very odd, as I once installed the wrong driver on a printer at about 3am before a paper was due, and the printer started printing about 15 pages of wingding's, when it was just a few pages of plain text... Updating the driver with the correct version solved the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom