Dual Router Question

tiger8yellow

Beta member
Hello, I'm trying to set up dual routers in my home, my main router/modem is In my living room, but i want to have a secondary modem in my room, is there a way to do this without a long cord?

Hello, I'm trying to set up dual routers in my home, my main router/modem is In my living room, but i want to have a secondary modem in my room, is there a way to do this without a long cord?

I'm certainly no expert in Networking but WiFi would be the best and most obvious solution to this.

Have you done this before because essentially you will be creating a Sub Network on you Primary Network what will be used to bring the internet connection in to you home.

I have my main router downstairs and I want a router in my room as I have a family who won't want to hear me on games, is there any way I can put a router in my room without a cord, I can't move the router as other people won't let me.

Some APs allow you to connect to other APs (EG one router connects to the other wirelessly) but at that point it's pretty pointless and you'd be better off running a wireless card to your downstairs router.

Back
Top Bottom