Fedora 7 Too Fat To Make It (Too big to fit on a CD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaminohaka

Baseband Member
The new Fedora 7 is about 800 to 900 mbs. Thats way too fat to fit on a disc. I need it to be on a cd, so i can install it on my old dell laptop. My laptop only has a cd drive. What can I do? How can I make it fit?

Specs:
Intel 1.0 Ghz
512 MBs Ram
CD Drive
Nvidia something
It's a old dell, nothing too great.

Idea 1: Can I put it on a flash drive or a external hard drive? So, the os image file can boot from that on start up? But I kinda wanna stick with a cd, thoug.

Idea 2: Revisor??? I read up on it, but I don't know what it is or understand it. I think it might be able to help me though.

Idea 3: Syslinux. Maybe it can help me too?

i686 is the 64 bit, i have 32 bit/86 bit laptop, theres KDE version, i would like the gnome version. see my problem?

I posted your query on LQ.org I'll wait for some responses from there before we make our next move, sorry for the stuff up

in the meantime May I suggest that you look at a fedora core based distro called blag, it is a one CD install based on Fedora core

Blag
blag linux and gnu downloads

wow, I am sorry. For a long time, I was told and thought that i686 is 64 bit. Then big thank you to Jakec and macdude425 and disregard my incorrect information. Would someone care to tell me what the he11 the difference between i386 and i686 is? Whats the difference between x32 and x86? Besides that x86 can work with x64? Also x86 can work with older computers right? Or is that x32? Just checking, x32 is intel base. x64 is amd base. x86 is intel and amd base. Right? or am I incorrect?

Once again, Thanks again for helping me with the Fedora mixed up. Big Props. ^_,^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom