Problems with server. Need a Good ol' clean and refuses to boot.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Since my Server decided t die on me and refuses to boot can anyone provide any help on stripping it down and giving it a good ol' clean.

I'm really not looking forward to it and really don't want to do it but I believe its a problem with the disks and I also am going to have to as well as clean it install a back up tape drive simply because I have one and I can.

Their is another 5 and a half inch bay free so I'm trying to find a DVD RW among all my stuff I have.

I really don't want to do it because I know for fine well fact I will not get it working again one I strip it down. I just know something will go balls up and I'll have lost a damn good computer.

The LEDs are going crazy and its shutting down. I've done some reserch and I think its the disk drive but unsure.

What about a hoover to suck out all the dirt. I also have some pure ethol alcohol.

I posted some time ago about stripping down a computer and cleaning but now I have no choice since it has died.

How convenient.

Just remove power, take out parts one by one (make sure you ground yourself before touching static sensitive stuff like ram etc), try not to touch the gold pins, and yeah just carefully wipe it down with a soft cloth or blow out. Some people swear you need compressed air, but meh just don't spit all over it :p and yeah if you need to clean grease off something, iso alcohol is fine.

Back
Top Bottom