Xp Professional Built-in Firewall Problems....

Status
Not open for further replies.

moka89

Beta member
Hello,

I'm on windows xp Professional Edition and on a very strict LAN. My network administor is out of town for a very long time so I wouldn't be able to ask him about this.

I formatted the pc and setup my pc to connect to the network myself along time ago. the problem is , Microsoft Internet firewall isn't enabled which is necessary to make a few programs work on my LAN. When I enable it it says ISA server cannot be found and I think this is because of the way I setup the network on the pc.

Another thing I've noticed is that I can't see any of the shared files on my network although I know that many people share stuff on this network and this wasn't the case when my network administor set up the network for me. Please Help. What I want is someone to help me connect to my network. Just tell me the basic steps and I'll select the choices that suit my network.

I just want to play isketch.net and it uses the ports 1627 (external and internal TCP) and it doesn't work unless I set the built-in firewall to accept those connections.

I'd also like how can I browse webpages using a SOCKS 5 or 4 proxy. I've done this with FIREFOX but it appears that connections from websites to my computer don't go through the SOCKS server but through the HTTP proxy that's on my LAN (even if I remove it from the settings).

Thanks alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom