Wireless Help Please, I Am A N00b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeneran

Baseband Member
So I am trying to transfer files wirelessly(sp?) between two computers. Only I have a very strange problem..... When I click on my network places on the comouter that is connected directly to the router no files show up or anything, when i try and click on view workgroup computers I get a error mesage saying I dont have access or something like that.
However, when I do this on the other pc which is connected wirelessly to the router both PC's show up as workgroups and I click on my network places there is one file there which is the PC connected directly to the router (T think).
I have run the wireless network stup on both PC's but I still get this extremely annoying problem on the pc that is connected directly to the router.

Hope you can understand this....

Thanks

On the Wired computers, Make sure that the Shared Documents is set to go onto the network, and that the files are allowed to be modified. Then place a name under 10 characters, like "CompShare".

Ex:

sharedfiles.jpg

Go into the computer that the router is connected to, and change the settings around. If that doesn't work...

Reset the router. There should be a pinhole at the back of the router, push it with a ballpoint pen for 3 seconds. Before doing this though...make sure it's unplugged!

This is so annoying, I have checked all of the settings on: the wired computer, the router and the wireless computer and they are all as they should be. I think i should try and explain this a bit more clearly, the wireless computer is picking up both itself and the wired pc as a workgroup, however, when I try and access the wired pc I get an error message that reads: "wired computer is not accesible. You might not have permission to use this network source. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The network path was not found" I also get this error message when I try and view the workgroup computers on the wired PC.

However there is something I have noticed, the shared documents on the wired PC are slightly different than the shared documents on the Wireless PC. This could be due to the fact I have ran the **** wireless setup wizard so many times.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom