Windows booting problem - quick help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBerger

Baseband Member
So a while back I had a problem where my computer turned off. Tried to reboot and it would go to the windows loading screen, then restart again. Couldn't get it out of this so just gave up for a bit.
Not really sure what the problem is but really have to get it handled. I thought about reformatting but don't wanna lose all my pics, videos and music on there so I came up with a new solution and I'm asking if this will work
I plan to get a new harddrive and install it with windows on there. Will I be able to do this and still get all my old data from the other harddrive? My friend mentioned using it as a slave drive might work. Any information is helpful please gotta get this straightened out

The solution your suggesting most likely will work. I have done this successfully with dozens of hard drives before to retrieve data.

Your new hard drive will have the OS, while your old drive acts as a storage drive.

Ya, get the new drive setup with windows, then connect the old hard drive to your PC as either a secondary drive or slave drive. You could also get a USB converter and connect it VIA USB to the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom